Unusual Husky

Jeff&Duke

Lucky you! Owning a husky that plays fetch. Mine does rarely...and I mean rarely. And when he's done, that's it. If you threw the ball 30 yards and he's done, you have to go get it yourself! Sometimes when I play fetch with my friends jack russell, Sid will wait til the other dog gets close and take it away from him and bring it back to me. Less work that way. BTW, you have a beautiful husky!

Echo our GSD will do this ALL day and be quivering with exhaustion but still want more. . . ohmy.gif

However Darwin n Daughtry our Huskies don't do fetch. . . Throw the ball and they watch it fly awaybiggrin.gif

and then look round and look at you as if to say . . .well that's a really crap party trick. rolleyes.gif

Thanks! It helps when Duke was a pup i hid balls all over the house and played the "Find It" game. It created that "Prey Drive" for a ball. So when I threw the ball he'd go blasting towards it and bouce on it. I also never let the balls lay around the house so when I brought a ball out it was like, in ways, food to him. He use to not bring it back, but I worked a lot on his off leash and "come" commands it worked night and day as you can see. :)

Awesome. And he is beautiful!!! Zihna likes to play fetch and she brings it back the first 10 times or so then she gets tired of it and will chase after the ball and just keep running past it and find something else to do! LOL! And the other thing is that she will drop it, but if she sees you picking it up she will grab it again and try to run then bring it back and drop it and grab it again lol....she plays too much!!! But she loves tennis balls with a little more training I should be getting her straight.