Skyla got attacked!

BingBlaze n Skyla

Sorry to hear about your dog, hope she's ok now & recovers soon.

I used to be a delivery driver & always wear steel toecaped boots now as I've had all sorts of dogs go for me over the years. I love animals but anything that attacks me gets a swift kick, soon stops them.

My eldest Border Collie was attacked by a Bull Mastiff while walking off the lead on the promenade one winter. The Bull Mastiff was on a lead on the other side of the road with an old man pushing his partner in a wheelchair. The Mastiff saw Deiffen & shot across the road, picked him up like a rag doll & shook him. He let go & Deiff turned to run back to me & the Mastiff picked him up again.

The Mastiff let him go & the old bloke put him back on a lead with the old 'I'm sorry, he's never done that before...' story. I was so shocked I gave him a mouth full of abuse & took Deiff home. It was only later that I realised he was pouring with blood from a deep gash. It coast me £250 & I wish I'd called the police but I was more worried about my gorgeous boy.

Luckily he wasn't too put off by the experience & loves all others he meets. That was 4 years ago & I haven't had any trouble since.

If anything like that happened again and in your circumstances, I'd say the dog went for ME & my dog got in beteewn us. The police would then destroy the other dog. Harsh I know but in my experience, owners like that never change & the dog (through no fault of it's own because it knows no different) will attack again, possibly a child.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read this. So so sorry to hear about Skyla being attacked! I hope that she recovers soon the poor girl!

Cant even imagine how scary it must of been :( I HATE irresponsible owners who just let their dogs roam or dont secure them in their houses/gardens. :angry: