If u cant trust ur vet there really is no hope :(

KERNOWHUSKIES

Vet 'mutilated' pets needlessly

Struck off ... the clinic of vet Joseph Holmes Ben Lack

A VET who "mutilated" pets by carrying out unnecessary operations has been struck off.

The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons removed Joseph Holmes' licence to treat animals and branded his conduct "disgraceful".

However, he has appealed against the decision  which means he can continue treating animals in Waltham, Lincs, until his case is heard.

Holmes, 57, was found guilty of causing injury to animals by performing surgical procedures where there were insufficient clinical grounds to do so.

Agony

He also used inadequate pain relief, leaving the animals in agony and mutilated a cat by removing its teeth unnecessarily.

The committee found there had been repeated serious breaches of the trust Holmes' clients placed in him.

Among the pet owners left "devastated" by Holmes' treatment is Sandra Marsden, 62, whose dog Jake had to be put down after months of botched treatment.

She said: "Even though Jake only had a minor heart murmur and didn't need any medication, Mr Holmes advised that he have an operation on his mouth to stop him snoring.

"When a vet tells you an operation will give your dog a better quality of life you automatically trust them, so I said yes."

The disciplinary committee heard Holmes carried out the same unsuccessful operation on Jake four times, as well as removing all of his teeth and tonsils.

Jake then began having difficulty breathing after the surgery and Holmes carried out a tracheostomy which Mrs Marsden said then led to an infection.

In the end, Jake was in such pain his owner took the heartbreaking decision to have him put to sleep rather than see him suffer more.

She said: "It's just absolutely horrendous that I had a perfectly well dog, and after treatment by Mr Holmes, Jake ended up dead.

"You trust vets because of the training they have, but he didn't seem to know what he was doing."

Speaking after the disciplinary hearing, Holmes said: "I am devastated at the findings of the committee.

"I have worked as a veterinary surgeon for many years and have treated many animals successfully."

Holmes previously faced disciplinary action for his "deplorable" actions in 2006 when he administered anti-cancer drugs to a black Labrador who had been misdiagnosed.

I REALLY HAVE LOST IT WITH THIS 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry: