New from DE

egmonnat

hforum2.jpg

hforum1.jpg

Soaking up the A/C last summer

hforum3.jpg

New to the site and I'd like to introduce you to my little girl(well big now) Shelby. She's 7 1/2 months old and definitely a true Sibe. Lots of energy and loves to play. Never a dull moment in our house with her and our 2 y/o Jack Russell/Pug mix. I had a Sibe growing up in Upstate NY, best dogs in the world. Unfortunately when she was 13 yrs old she disappeared never to be found. My family and I thought someone had stole her or she ran away to die. Regardless, I never really got over her. Fast forward many years...LOL when I found this sweet little girl for sale in Honey Brook, PA She was 3 months old when I bought her from an Amish family who breeds Sibes, she was the last one of 6 pups left. Needless to say the 80 mile ride home in my little ford ranger was an adventure. She laid her 18lb body on my lap the whole way home(it was her first car ride) I started her on Blue Buffalo puppy within the first few weeks of having her home. She did well on it..packed on the weight and had a beautiful coat. I just couldn't believe how much she was pooping during the day so I decided to try TOTW Pacific Stream. Her coat is still beautiful and shiny and she doesn't seem to be going as frequently(2-3x a day) Now at nearly 8 months old she weighs 39lbs. She loves to get out and "work". I'll hook her up to a wagon with 25lbs of weight in it and she has no problem pulling it around. Thanks in advance for all the great information I'm hoping to find on here

Welcome Eric and Shelby big hello and hope to see you around... just one thing shes waaaaay too young to be pulling 25ilbs already! You can seriously damnage their bone development and cause problems for her later in life doing that.. if you want to get her jogging a little with you now is fine to start but go very easy untill shes at least a year old.

Hi Eric, welcome to the Pack. Shelby looks to be a stunner. Enjoy the forum. Look forward to seeing you on the forum.

Welcome - Shelby is a lovely girl!

I wouldn't worry much about the 25 lbs if it's on wheels or on snow, so that it moves easily! I'd rather a little bit of weight, so that there's not as much risk of having something she's pulling pile into her from behind...

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. Please don't be too concerned with the weight she's pulling. The weight is in a radio flyer(my daughter's wagon) and she pulls it with ease because it rolls so well. I started her off with 10lbs about a month ago and this isn't something she does everyday, just a few times a week to get some work in. I have limited our walks since I got her because she is still young. I started out at 0.4 miles a day and have been working slowly to where we're at now(about 1 1/2 miles) every other day. I don't want to overdue her. When we aren't walking we play "indoor" games. Mostly "tug of war" and "find it." Once she's a year old in May I know she can get in longer walks, but they'll be in the early morning hours because it'll be too hot for her. Thanks again and comments and concerns are always welcome.

Welcome to the BEST Husky forum in the World. biggrin.gif

She is Gorgeous, love her eyes laugh.gif

Don't be a stranger join in. biggrin.gif