Embry got out :(

HuskyCouture

ughh scariest thing as everyone who has experienced this knows. my little sister, Jasmine was going out to the car and Embry snuck out behind her :( Across the street from our house is ALL woods so obviously he ran straight in there. I grabbed a squeaky toy and handful of treats and the boyfriend grabbed his lead and we started slowly following behind him because we didn't want him going farther and farther in. FINALLY, a half hour later we finally caught him because he stopped to roll around on a mouse he killed. God he made me so angry, but I still gave him treats and praise when we got him back.

So glad you got him back.

I've had a few instances... Two with the sled where he yanked it out from me or my boyfriend's hand and ran as fast as he could >_< UGH!! We now fasten ourselves to the sled, haha. And then his leash unhooked one time when I was in PEI. He was on an extend leash and he started to wander off (Was dark, surrounded my woods with lots of coyotes. We've had a dog go missing before). I was like, "Wtf, I locked the leash." I look down and the leash is still there, all in my hands. I called out his name and he stopped to look at me. Good thing he was sniffing around to pee. I went to grab him and he jumped back, I almost started to cry. I went to grab him again and got him, thank gawd, scarrrrry!!

What a little rascal. So glad everything worked out all right!

Side note: it is wonderful to hear stories like this and know that they ended well - with him coming back and with you rewarding that. It makes me sad when people finally catch their loose dogs and yell or treat them roughly to punish them for running away, not realizing that they're really punishing them for coming back.

omg im so glad you got him!!!! last month fleury slipped her collar and darted off in my apartment complex and luckily 2 people were walking down the road and she went right to them :/ scariest thing ever, im still worried everytime we go out she will try to do it again. But im so happy you got him!

So glad you got him back and its sort of good that you have woods there and not a bunch of busy roads! Something about Husky's and woods LOL!!! Congrats to Embry for catching his own lunch!! :lol: :lol: Hope he enjoyed his little trip off leash as I am sure his mom and dad will have a close eye on him for a while now!

When Jon gets out, he thinks its a game of chase the Husky. We've found that he can hear the excitement in our voice, and knows to run, heh! At my parents house, lately, I've been able to take him out, off lead. I actually had two recalls with him off lead outside tonight. That's like, amazing for him.

I started ranting. Anyway, next time it happens (hopefully not, but lets face it!) stay calm. They can sense it :)

naughty boy embry!!!

shiloh got out a couple of weekends ago- Ian was washing the cars and the hosepipe snapped off so he ran back down the side of house to turn the water off, forgot shiloh was in the back and of course he bolted!! :angry:

half an hr he was runing around for!! down our street then back down the street behind us..then back to ours- it was as though he was saying " na na na na na..you cant catch me!!!"

so stubborn he is....eventually we got him :angry:

glad you got him back huni x x

it's so frustrating when they tease you like that! embry was doing that, every time i called him he'd look at me and run farther and farther away, got to the point where i couldn't see or hear his tags anymore, scared the crap out of me because a few miles past the woods is a major highway :angry: :angry: