denali escaped!!! but came back..interesting story!

Denali33

A few weeks ago I had a surprise party for my girlfriend, so I dropped Denali off at my friends. They have a nice big backyard with an iron perimeter fence, approx 4 1/2 feet high padlocked at the gate. Well the dogs were in the back alone from about 2 to 8 in the evening. My friend came home and didn't see Denali , he called for him and within a minute he came rushing out of the woods. That little f****r either hopped the fence or squeezed through a specific area, my friend said he believes he hopped the fence because he is too broad to fit through a squeeze point. I am so amazed he didn't run away and he basically hung around the area. I am not too surprised the more I think about it, he stays very close to me. I guess they have high jumping abilities as everyone said!!!

thats cool don't know his age mind but younger ones are less likely to run but when at about say 6-9 months give or take they get brave an this is when they chose to not listen atthe best of times. I would have thought he had jumped the fence but the problem does not always rest in the fact they run an dont come back it is also in the fact they have high prey drives an very people friendly and can so easily be picked up by almost any one you are lucky but also give him a treat from me lol.

I would not risk it again over night thou in a garden with fence so short unsupervised

Oh so glad he did not wonder off too far. But then again you never know. 2-8 is a long time and who knows where he has been during that time. LOL. Could have been that he had just gotten back from his trip! :lol:. I don't think a 4 1/2 ft fence is a problem for a Husky and if it had bars across he could have also climbed over it. Well at least now you know not to leave him with your friend again. LOL. Really glad you got him back though :)

I guess they have high jumping abilities as everyone said!!!

We have a rescue foster in at the moment who is an amazing jumper. She can clear an 8 foot fence from a standing jump (I think she's part gazelle) - luckily she doesn't seem to want to go anywhere either, just waits on the other side of the fence for me to come and collect her. She had spent 95% of her life locked up in a crate, so she hates being confined (unless its confined to the sofa with her head on someone's lap!!!).

The only problem now is, we have to look for a permanent home for her with ultra-secure, extra-high fencing.

Mick

We took Our 3 round to my ex's the other day. She opened the back door to let them into the back garden.

6ft fences all round.

Darwin shot out into the garden, turned around to usher the other two out,

Looked back into the garden to only see Darwins back legs disappearing over the fence.ohmy.gif

opened the back gate and shouted to him, came back all sheepish.

busted.

wasn't chasing anything, just decided to bugger off for a solo. . . wink.gif