Beyond a joke now

Rich & Kody

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o OMG that place is just hurrendous. I'm so sorry to hear all this stuff going on for you and Kodi. Im sure it would be very obvious if it had been cut cos it was straight. i would get some photo evidence prompt mate. if Kodi had chewed it im sure he would have shown anxiety by now and not in the very last few weeks and also it wouldnt be straight surely

I would get him checked out by an independent vet (if you can) to ensure there is no other signs of strange goings on :(. Perhaps an RSPCA inspector would check him out if not??

If ya need me, just shout mate

Hi All,

Thanks for all the support. Sorry I didnt post an update today. Just started my new job so had to spend the day shadowing someone.

So long story short, he is missing about 5 - 6 inces of fur from the end of his tail. Its a flat cut right across the top, with maybe 3mm of fur on the tip

of the tail bone. I cannot see that hes chewed it, its just too neat a cut. I checked the tail over there were no signs that the bone/skin had been broken.

Hes also missing the tips of a patch of hair just below the cut, which again is a flat line chunk of hair missing. Both the owner and their groomer (the only

person who is allowed to cut fur from dogs on site) were horrified by it.

The owner was very angry with the staff, and when I called today, Nobody owned up to doing it!

Problem is there is nothing i can do. If i wanted him moved I first have pay up the remained of his bill (£1200) before i can move him to another kennel,

That move + 6 weeks more boarding will be inexcess of £700. Just cant afford to do it again.

I called up today and gave explitic instructions that nobody is to go in and groom him now. I just have zero trust in any member of staff there now. They can go in to feed

him, wash out the kennel and thats it. I'll be down every sunday or saturday to take care of him, If i can push my bro ill go both days but cant see that happening. So he will

go without for the next 6 weeks.

Just glad its almost over with. Dont think I will ever kennel him again. These people just want your money, seem to have no regard for the dogs welfare what so ever.

Will keep you updated, And ill get a pic of it at the weekend if he will let me.

Best Regards

Rich & Kody

Mrs_aggie - the kennels are near the forest of dean in gloucestershire. ive been to the kennels myself and i burst into tears when i met kodi and his surroundings...poor rich must have thought omg what a mental case!! LOL

Thanks hun, Rich pm'd me the name of the kennel, thankfully my pair are going into a different one otherwise I'd of been looking for someone else :) x

Right because this has happened in a kennels they have breached the contract that they have agreed and signed with you.

They have breached it in the clause that they have a duty of care to the dogs in the kennels they run. This has clearly been neglected in the manner of which your dog has been a victim of mutiation. Now although it hasn't been a flesh mutilation it's still mutilation of his form.

The fact that someone has willingly gone in the kennel, cut off his fur and left without detection means one of two things:

The kennels are not secure enough and someone has trespassed into the kennels. You could state this as a breach of certainty of sercurity issues of the kennels.

The staff have not been trained properly to care for the dog to a satifactory standard which has resulted in one of those staff members to take the piss and cut his tail.

This is not a laughing matter. The kennels should be made aware of that.

Their staff can no longer be trusted as this person(s) has been able to do this undetected or others are covering up for them.

Just on that alone you can demand your dog to be moved at no cost to yourself. It is a breach of trust and contract on their part, with 6 weeks to go they MUST prove to you they can do their job.

Talk to Trading Standards, also for what it is worth talk to the RSPCA, and if this kennel is part of an association, talk to them too and explain what's happened. Anyone affliated with this kennel either regulatory or sponsorship will not be happy to hear that this is going on and they are not lifting a finger to make you feel your dog is safe in their care nor making measures the dog will not be further molested.