Newbie from Swindon

Karon

Hi all :)

My name is Karon, and i have a 9 week old sibe x german shepard called Kotori - Ko for short

this is my first time owning any kind of husky, and with in the first week of owning him, i could tell he was compleatly different to any other dog i have had in the past.

Here is my little man aka Kotori

[ATTACH]7567.IPB[/ATTACH]

post-3200-13585960181259_thumb.jpg

Hi, Welcome to the Forum.

We live in Oxford. . . just down the road.

We occasionally have meets, where we get our huskies together for a walk.

When Ko is old enough e.g. had all his shots you'd be most welcome to join in.

Also we already have 3 or 4 active members from swindon, perhaps you could get together

with them too. biggrin.gif

As Linda said any help with your pup don't hesitate to ask. We love to help. biggrin.gif

with in the first week of owning him, i could tell he was completely different to any other dog

post-702-1358596233108_thumb.jpg

Hi, Karon - you got THAT right! :lol: :lol: They are a law unto themselves!! :P

Welcome to our little corner of the world, feel free to join in, post up questions and provide us with plenty more pics of Kotori growing up!! :D

Thanks all for the warm welcome :)

Kotori had his first shots yesterday and he wasnt impressed about them lol, i also got his first collar and lead, after putting his collar on he freaked out lol, he kept throwing himself on the floor and crying, it was so funny to watch lol, today i tried him with the lead and WOW, he took to it like he had, had one on before, so i decided to take him in the garden, and he peed and pooped for the first time outside, im so proud of my little man :)

On a different topic, Kotori is a siberian x white german shepard, his dad is a grey/white sibe, so 2 questions :)

1 .. seeing as his dad is grey/white, and his mum is white, WHERE did he get his brown markings on his face? ( his body colour is a dark greyish with a black stripe going down his back)

2.. while at the vets and other people seeing him in the garden, most have said he looks more german shepard except for his markings, i think he looks more husky then shepard, but others are makeing me confused now lol

Hi Karon,

Welcome from another Swindonner! As Claire mentioned, the Wiltshire Husky group on facebook organise meets, normally a couple a month - sometimes at Lydiard, sometimes near Lyneham. If you're not on facebook let me know and I'll try and remember to let you know when there's a meet coming up. There are a few people who bring pups and just do the first bit of the walk..

For markings and colours - apparently Huskies change once they go through their first coat-blow, so he may end up looking different once he's grown a bit (we got Mickey from the blue cross, so didn't get to see him as a pup!)

HTH

Vince

Hi n welcome, im origi from Wiltshire n my Mum is moving back there soon so i will b visitin now n then. I will join the Wiltshire Huskies 2 n mayb i will c u in the future.

As 4 his markings Huskies change ALL the time. When Mushu was a pup he was very light tan n had black rings round his eyes like goggles :D he was so cute, now hes a deep grey n white with no goggles :( which is a shame but he is absolutly stunnin, he also has a very dark stripe going down his back that wasnt there when he was a pup.

My big boy Nanook is constantly changing colour n has been since he was a pup n that was 8 yrs ago so u can only wait n c wot Ko will b like, ive got a feelin he will get lighter n his mask may get less as he grows but thats half the fun of havin a pup :)

Emily, Scooby, Nanook n Mushu xx