taste of the wild

GBUCK

There are several forumulas of TOTW. Which one have you been using? Also, how old is your Husky, how active is your Husky, and how much and how often are you feeding? Answers to those questions would help give you a more focused response.

We feed Zoya TOTW. She has one cup in the morning, and one cup in the evening. She's about 2-1/2 years old, highly active, and has maintained the same weight for over a year.

It may be your dog's metabolism is the issue, and may need more food than what you've been feeding. It could be there's something going on in the digestive tract that your vet could identify. Hard to say.

I've never been a fan of wet food. Spoilage, waste, and expense.

ive tried all the flavors i think she likes the salmon one the best. i feed her a big scoopful once a day in the morning its about 2 cups and she doesnt eat it immediatly she kinds nibbles at it throughout the day. i was told to feed her twice a day but she doesnt eat everything the first time so i feel like i shouldnt feed her anymore. shes moderatly active, she gets a couple walks a day and a solid run every other day.

i wouldn't leave it sitting down, it gives her the impression that she can eat whenever she wants and it's always there, and then she doesn't have a proper schedule. I'd try giving it to her once in the morning, 1 cup, and then another cup in the evening, and if she doesn't eat it after 15 minutes put it away. after a few days of her realizing if she doesn't eat it right away when she has the chance it won't be there she should be eating on schedule. good luck :)

We feed our two TOTW as well. We give them 1 cup in the AM and one cup in the PM. We treat a little bit throughout the day while training or walking. They also get a kong filled with frozen TOTW when they go in their crates when we leave for errands. You should leave their food down for short periods of time, and if they do not eat it, pull it up until the next feeding time. If your dog does not always eat the food right away, there are several things you can do to make it more appetizing for them.

You can try to put a little water on the food, then put it in the microwave for 15 or 20 seconds (or just use hot water). The water and heat cause the food to give off a lot more of a smell, making it much more appetizing.

You can also put something with the food. We have recently found that putting 2 tablespoons or so of the canned TOTW in the bottom of the bowl, then putting the dry food on top, makes them eat everything we put in the bowl. The canned food is like $2 per can, and if you just use 2 tablespoons or so at each feeding, you can make a can last 2 or 3 days. After we put their food together, we just put plastic wrap on the rest of the can and put it in the fridge until the next meal time.

We have also found that putting something like a little bit of grated cheese will also make them eat all their food. We just put a little bit on top, then shake it down into the food.

We have found that mixing it up a bit keeps them more interested in meal time.

i was wondering if there was canned TOTW ill try and get some.

Yes, it comes in cans as well. Also, deleted some of your duplicate posts. My gosh I could hardly keep up.

Do keep in mind as well that huskies will quite often decide they're not going to eat this meal, or they're not going to eat today - and doing this a bit can cause mild weight fluctuations.

Dogs, like humans sometimes appreciate a touch of variety. I usually mix it up a little by sometimes mixing in some sardines (in spring water, NOT brine, avoid the high salt content) or a tiny amount of chicken - just enough to make the meal smell and taste different, but not enough to really mess with 2 foods digesting at different rates.

I've heard people use some chicken stock etc as well to good effect.