I just need to get this off my chest

HeatherOfJay

Personally I think there should be a comer between "what I want" and the word "and" ...... or maybe a full stop.... Can't quite make my mind up, but def something missing

Sorry. I really really really did try to refrain .. But I just couldn't help myself LOL

PS: apologies for the shortening of definitely to def

*Flexes fingers before teaching you to correct my posts*

"...comer..." I think you mean a "comma".

I've used "and" as a conjunction so the comma isn't necessary; if I had wanted to pause and change the subject I would have used a semi-colon, as I just have.

You have over used the "." in your unnecessary ellipses where you should have used commas or parentheses.

Finally, you should never start a sentence with the word "but".

That is all wink.gif

Edited to say: Removes stick from ass

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*Flexes fingers before teaching you to correct my posts*

"...comer..." I think you mean a "comma".

I've used "and" as a conjunction so the comma ins't necessary; if I had wanted to pause and change the subject I would have used a semi-colon, as I just have.

You have over used the "." in your unnecessary ellipses where you should have used commas or parentheses.

Finally, you should never start a sentence with the word "but".

That is all wink.gif

Edited to say: Removes stick from ass

And my point has been made ........ Anal aint it all? LOL

Lol to 'prolably' HeatherofJay. Might start to use that one. :lol:

You're being shortened to your and too being used for any to two or too are major.

The strangest one that has happened a lot recently is wary and weary.

"I am very weary of that dog" What you're tired? Don't know why this is happening loads at the mo.

Wonder if some of it is school being bit lazy about correcting?

If I have made any errors in this short missive please blame it on age!!!!

I try my best, however occasionally the damn keyboard misspells thing deliberately just to make me look stupid. biggrin.gif

My favorite besides the obvious they're/their/there (oh and then/than is a good one too) is the expression that people say "for all intensive purposes" is ACTUALLY supposed to be "for all intents and purposes." I was really astounded when my Microbiology professor said "for all intensive purposes" :( lol

i love seeing people write things down and sound it out to get it right

and yes sometimes i make spelling mistakes but hey who doesn't

although i don't judge people on their spelling as in my opinion that's just rude.....

if you want to abbreviate a word or text speak it then go ahead.....its almost cryptic and gets your brain working harder to uncrack the code

kells

oh and pmsl,rofl and lol to some of these posts

I agree that misspelling their/there your/you're reads somewhat... dumb. But I can't deny the fact that I probably made the same mistake before.

Being a non native English speaker myself, I DO care what and how I write English. I do my best to write the words properly and get my grammar right. I don't say I know everything (Google is still my favourite spellchecker) but when I make a mistake, it's usually not of laziness. And most of the time I do notice it, only a few days too late :lol:

I'm a bit more tolerable as I know how it is to write in your non-native language. And since so many people have English as their second language, a lot of English messages on the web contain spelling mistakes. However, it's harder for me to read other messages when it contains shortening words, no commas, forgetting the ' and wrong grammar. I did had to Google the PMSL one because I've never heard it before :huh:

Ugh yes!!!!

Specific and Pacific!

"Let's be pacific" Yes, let's be enormous, wet and full of fish.

Lack of punctuation? I know what you mean, sometimes when I read the replies on FB (friends of friends) it's like trying to decipher Ulysses.

Look I know it's a seemingly petty thing to get wound up about, but we all have our issues biggrin.gif