Learning to use macro

Comeflyaway

I am a bit obsessed with macro shots, though I've only just recently been given a camera that can handle them. I still don't know much about photography, but I'm learning.

This first picture cracks me up. I was trying for a close-up of Kaya, but as the camera focused and refocused, it made very, very interesting noises. Kaya kept spontaneously barking at it during our photoshoot, and this was taken just after a little yip:

IMG_0848.jpg

Also, Kaya's eyes...

IMG_0903.jpg

and Max's eyes... (a touch blurry, but he wouldn't hold still... )

IMG_0913.jpg

Sweet biggrin.gif

If I try to get that close with my camera, I just get a big wet lick ALL OVER THE LENS. laugh.gif

makes for a very nice instant soft focus filter.blink.gif

Great pics, I have tried with my two but they just wont sit still long enough and for ages couldn't understand why some of the photos seemed blurred - turned out it was a nose print on the lens. Must try and get some good ones of Ozzy and Micah again.

Great photos! I love macros too. A little tip for fast-moving-subjects (aka huskies), go near a window or provide a good amount of light (Using the flash from the camera does not work for such short distance). Go as close as you can get with your camera and, if possible, even try zooming in. That way you have the best change to get sharp macro photos! :)

This is one I did a while ago:

gallery_2650_2_74699.jpg

I used full zoom and manual focus to the closest distance I could get. Then I made 20 photos in ~5 seconds while I slowly moved closer and further. That way there is at least one clear image that looks great :)

Has anyone tried to create a (very close) macro of the husky's coat by the way? I haven tried it before. Maybe it's just boring, but maybe it does gives a very cool image?