Where do your's sleep?

Rich & Kody

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been posted before, Just curious where people allow their babies to sleep at night.

I read a recent story on BBC about dogs in the bedroom/on the bed, and that it can be adverse to your health, They explained some cases

where were "rare", and one of them was a person catching the bubonic plague.

Personally i don't believe all the hype. Yes someone may have been unfortunate enough to catch it. But I would hazard a guess that this could

have happened anywhere in the house as the animal has infested fleas.

I allow mine to sleep where ever they want in my room. As of last night Dakota decided that she too should sleep under the covers and remained there

with her head on the pillow all night. (and I'm still alive ;) ) I honestly wouldnt have it any other way, I dont trust mine to be alone in another room, and i really

don't want them in crates.

Curious to see what others think/do.

Best Regards

Rich & Kody

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

willows bed is in our hallway outside our bedroom, if its cold she will sleep in it, but if shes not cold she will sleep on the floor next to my bed (if we leave the door open for her to get in)

if its really hot she will sleep on the tiles or floorboards

if we leave the spare bedroom door open she will sleep on that bed

but pretty much she has to be right near us, we have never let her on our bed though or the couch

Thor and Loki sleep in crates in the kitchen, Odin likes to sleep under the desk in my office up stairs but if it gets to warm for him he lays at the bottom of the stairs next to the front door, im not keen on having the hounds in the bedroom due to Hair and the fact that they are to heavy :D

Kiska sleeps in a crate in my bedroom when I'm at home and when I'm at university. That was my plan all along and that's how she'll sleep forever, but when I left her at home with my parents when I came to uni alone we did try her downstairs in her crate the night before I left.....that only lasted 10 minutes! She was so loud my mum insisted I bring her back up :rolleyes: So yeah, crate in my room forever :lol:

We've got too many for them all to sleep on the bed so 3 sleep on the bed, and the rest are divided between the downstairs hallway and the kitchen. Once the humans are all up and about for the day, the dogs go back to sleep on the living room sofas.

frontroom1.jpg

Mick

I have a dog bed down stairs for Crystal and a Blanket upstars in my room, but every day when i wake up she's on the bed lieing across my legs, she use to sleep down stairs until she learned how to open doors now its a night mare i have to let her in my room other wise its the clicking of the door handles wakeing you up in the middle of the night.

Gus and jasper will sleep on the bed if its cold but when its warm they go under the bed with ice he like it under there cause its small and dark lol hollie lays on the floor next to me make sure I'm safe and incase I have a fit to wake me up bless her she my angel xx

We've got too many for them all to sleep on the bed so 3 sleep on the bed, and the rest are divided between the downstairs hallway and the kitchen. Once the humans are all up and about for the day, the dogs go back to sleep on the living room sofas.

frontroom1.jpg

Mick

Nonsense you just need a much bigger bed ;)

What you have there Mick i would call "Living the Dream" So many dogs :)

Something like this should work for you

worlds-biggest-bed-2.jpg

4.5 meters long by 9.5 meters wide ;)

my 3 sleep at the side of my bed.. they wait at bottom of stairs till i call them.. they come up sit my side of bed and get a treat each then they know its sleep time..they lay down and dont move till my alarm goes off.. and all they do is nudge me to make sure im awake... they will move to door to wait once they have seen me getting up..otherwise they will just wait nudging me ..lol

Well this is a funny one.. when we just had Nuks she was in her crate (with the door open) in the kitchen with that door closed... but then with Shads arrival and his massive seperation problems we ended up having them both in the bedroom as the neighbours were banging on the wall so I couldnt train him to stay downstairs!

So now we have both in the bedroom and their alowed on the bed untill lights out, soon as the tv goes off they know to get on their own beds and go sleep and thats what they do, although Nuk sometimes likes to sleep under the bed as shes used to a crate so likes the cozy space... wouldnt let them sleep on the bed as theres always a risk o them having a bad dream and biting you in their sleep plus as they get old and incontinent that wont be pleaseant so better to have the ground rules of not in the bed now while they're young.