2 Huskies kill Jack Russel and maul woman

Rich & Kody

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like these huskies were allowed to run farel, but they could have been attacked by a Jack Russel in the past, Jack russels can be vicous to other dogs. But owners always blame the owner of the larger dog,

Buck was attacked by two Jack Russels but because he picked one up and threw it like a rag doll, this woman started shouting your dogs attacking my dog, Luckly a passerby saw them attack buck and told the woman, so she just walked off in a huff.

i dont belive they MAULED her - by the sounds of it she had her jrt in her hands - so yeh the dogs are gonna jump up - they have a prey drive they hunt smaller animals - its a shame the jrt died - but i dont belive it was the dogs fault at all

were they even on leads tho?

That all sounds totally one sided I hate reports that only explain one part of the situation. The story doesn't really have any details in it to tell what really went on from both sides. Sad the poor pup had to die though I don't personally like jack russels they are mean little terrors everyone I've met but that's not a way for any dog to go :(

Woman mauled? she has a plaster on her hand, hardly mauled, bitten yes but not mauled. Story doesn't add up, she says she never saw the huskies coming, she's out walking her dog, yet obviously carrying it, why would you be carrying a dog your walking?

I'd put money on....

she was walking the dog, it started like jack russels do, sibe's took offence, she realised her little ankle biter had bitten off far more than he could chew so she picked him up, sibe's snatched the dog getting her in the process.

The husky owners fault for not having his dogs on a lead, if they were he could have stopped it happening. I doubt the sibe's intentially set out hunting it like she's trying to get across.

Woman mauled? she has a plaster on her hand, hardly mauled, bitten yes but not mauled. Story doesn't add up, she says she never saw the huskies coming, she's out walking her dog, yet obviously carrying it, why would you be carrying a dog your walking?

I'd put money on....

she was walking the dog, it started like jack russels do, sibe's took offence, she realised her little ankle biter had bitten off far more than he could chew so she picked him up, sibe's snatched the dog getting her in the process.

The husky owners fault for not having his dogs on a lead, if they were he could have stopped it happening. I doubt the sibe's intentially set out hunting it like she's trying to get across.

got to agree on that but ive already heard of 4 attacks by huskys , 2 in Hastings east Sussex were the huskys just flipped out for no reason( attacking both owner and dog) and the other 2 in Ashford Kent it was down to the stuiped owners fault making the dogs aggressive ..........

oh the poor jack russel but i do have to say i dont like that breed or any other smaller dog breed,they all seem to suffer from small dog syndrome of something ,(dont want to tarnish them all though)but alot of them have a go at duke but he just bops them on there head with his paw.

yeh she was hardly mauled,a lil plaster on her hand ??!!:blink:

i think any dog can flip at anypoint. alot dont but theres a few that will x

dont know what to think but at the end of the day any dog can turn if you saw my sibes playing and you didnt know them you would be scared as their fur stands up and teeth on full show my mum is still scared of my male even though he is as soft as a teddy bear. i do think that the sibes should have been on leads as i know not all sibes get on with different breeds my female saft as a bottle of pop and gets on with most dogs but my male he hates other dogs will defend his teretory being sky with all might i strugle to walk them on my own if i am i have to let go of sky to grab zero to have full controll he nearly killed my mums dog when they met as he is a boxer but sky loves him. so its difficult suppose its also what they have been tought and what surroundings they have been brought up in.

got to agree on that but ive already heard of 4 attacks by huskys , 2 in Hastings east Sussex were the huskys just flipped out for no reason( attacking both owner and dog) and the other 2 in Ashford Kent it was down to the stuiped owners fault making the dogs aggressive ..........

I can believe it, all breeds will have the odd "bad dog" that bites for no apparent reason Husky's are no different.

Weird, Other sites now say they were malamutes. http://hume-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/dogs-impounded-by-hume-council/'>here

Seems as if they escaped from a home a few kilometers from the park were the dog died.

Looking around now to try and find out what the council decided on.

Edit:

This is from another article on how they escaped.

The malamutes escaped from a home in Attwood next to a vacant lot.

Council contractors damaged the fence when clearing long grass from the

lot on December 28.</p>

Council city infrastructure director Steve Crawley said the

investigation to determine the dogs’ fate would consider how the broken

fence contributed to the attack.</p>

He said the dogs, which had lived with the owners for eight years, were not previously known to the council.</p>

Classing them as dangerous dogs would be problematic because it

required them to be housed in a marked cage, desexing, them being

muzzled and on a lead in public and ongoing monitoring.</p>

But he said the council’s main concern was whether the dogs could

attack again. “Public risk is primarily what we are looking at here.â€Â</p>

</p>

Found the ruling as well</p>

</p>

TWO alaskan malamutes that attacked and killed a Jack Russell terrier in Attwood have been declared dangerous dogs.</p>

Hume Council’s decision was complicated by the fact that the dogs escaped through a fence damaged by a council contractor.</p>

</p>

Not even the owners fault that they escaped. The council damaged the fence. :/

</p>

</p>

I know what Jack Russel's are like, my dad's Scottish friend has one and he always tries to start fights with Kira. Good thing he ignores him because he's sooo tiny, haha.

She stated that they were jumping up on her, shoulders, I'd think that her face would have some scratches or a wound of some sort. I don't believe her story at all, none of it adds up. Her dog probably provoked the attack, terrible that it happened but it will teach her to stop her dog (if she gets another one) from acting that way before it gets out of hand.

Sounds like they've given those two malamutes dangerous dog status. http://hume-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/attwood-killer-dogs-declared-dangerous/

An unfortunate situation with too many holes lining up. Sounds like there is a lot being left unsaid in this story. Also sounds like council isn't taking ownership of their mistake (damaging the fence allowing this situation to unfold).