Negative rep?

Arooroomom

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been brought back to try and diminish the amount of bitchyness going around at the moment. An announcement is being typed up with more info on smile.gif

but this is exactly what is going to happen. because i have had a different opinion to people this evening all my reps are going to diminish which is not fair as i have worked hard for them.

OK so let me get this right Aimee. You dont like not being able to have an opinion about someones topic, yet I have just switched on your ability to do exactly that... And you dont like it?

I don't see Negative Reputation as beneficial at all.

Positive points make you feel good about what you posted, especially if you worked hard on a reply.

Negative points can really upset people and people can also just negative rep you and then not give a valid reason or explaination of why they felt they didn't agree with your opinion, so I dont think it really gives someones opinion.

But like I said, I guess we'll have to wait and see - ive just never seen it function well on a forum.

Stacey xxx

no marc, i am not trying to cause an arguement....all i said is i believe that people who have earned reps for things that other people have found informative, funny etc will get their reps taken away for not agreeing with other people.

eg yes i didnt not agree with stacey's post today, because to me it is something that is common sense..... but there is no way that i would've taken her reps away from it just because i didn't like it-as others have said THEY found it helpful.

I don't see Negative Reputation as beneficial at all.

Positive points make you feel good about what you posted, especially if you worked hard on a reply.

Negative points can really upset people and people can also just negative rep you and then not give a valid reason or explaination of why they felt they didn't agree with your opinion, so I dont think it really gives someones opinion.

But like I said, I guess we'll have to wait and see - ive just never seen it function well on a forum.

Stacey xxx

exactly!!!!!!!!!!! thanks stacey-couldn't get my words out at all!!!

It did work last time, just people kept abusing it and -reping every post that went against their views, even if they were valid points, rather than actually having a debate

Thats generally how I've seen it go. People use it more like a dislike button on facebook. Like, if facebook did has a dislike button, it wouldn't really matter, because it's only on that status so it goes away after a while. But on a forum it effects your mini profile, so the effect is seen everywhere.

Stacey xxx

but this is exactly what is going to happen. because i have had a different opinion to people this evening all my reps are going to diminish which is not fair as i have worked hard for them.

I see her point. People may be more inclined to give neg rep if they don't like the person or if they just don't like the topic. Maybe neg rep could be left to someone like a third party to the complaining or arguing...someone like a mod or admin and only if it's deemed necessary. I don't see myself giving neg rep unless someone is a complete idiot but that's just me. I doubt I would notice neg rep. Heck I just figured out a couple of days ago how to give rep!:lol:

eg yes i didnt not agree with stacey's post today, because to me it is something that is common sense..... but there is no way that i would've taken her reps away from it just because i didn't like it-as others have said THEY found it helpful.

It is common sense not to let a husky off lead, if you know. Its common sense that a husky can occasionally have 'the runs' on eating things, if you know. I didnt find the post helpful to me, however others may find it so for them.