Negative rep?

Arooroomom

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will make people think before they type. Marc said you will be able to see who has (-) rep'd you. I don't think there's anything wrong with expressing each of our own opinions, that's the purpose of a forum.. is it not? I think as long as we take time to think about how to properly express our opinions in a non-confrontational manner there will be no issue.

You're not wrong to try it out Sarah. Just from my forum experience (I've even added a code on my forum so as you can opt in or out to have karma because it was causing that much drama!) I really havent seen a benefit to negative rep systems.

Stacey xxx

EDIT: One thing I did find beneficial in the karma system, was only having admins be able to see who gave out negative rep. This stop people from PMing one another asking why they were giving negative rep. Then if someone noticed a pattern to their negative rep, we would check the admin log just to check no one is deliberately going around all of their posts to give them negative points.

I think it will make people think before they type. Marc said you will be able to see who has (-) rep'd you. I don't think there's anything wrong with expressing each of our own opinions, that's the purpose of a forum.. is it not? I think as long as we take time to think about how to properly express our opinions in a non-confrontational manner there will be no issue.

Alas someone gets the point of why I have switched it back on ... +1

I remember the last time we had it n it was awful, when u get a negative ur heart sinks n u feel terrible. I only had it once n me and another member were being -rep every moment possible cos of 1 disagreement, all we did was + each other cos we found it unfair.

This is gunna be a bad thing imo n mayb less posts r gunna b made.

Nope, and quite sadly, you just got negative rep'd for that :\

Stacey xxx

Sorry was on my iPad and couldn't edit what i wanted to say!

Stacey - you complain that people are going to give negative rep for no reason, so what do you go and do? Bit pathetic i think!

Forgive me if there is something else been said on the topic but i didn't get chance to come on til now, and i haven't read further down yet.

Ok I may be being dumb here but to be honest I'm not sure what the big drama is. Yes its been brought in and some members aren't happy about it HOWEVER surely as adults we all have the common sense not to abuse it and it has been said that if it is abused or doesnt work out for other reasons then it'll be removed again. :)

As adults, one would hope that we would be able to not abuse the neg rep...but that said, one would hope that as adults, we wouldn't be posting neg/abusive things in the first place. Sometimes we need to be regulated, adult or not. Is neg rep the way to do it? Who knows, but it is an option.

At the end of the day just remember, common sense is not so common blink.gif

I'm not worried about it; I'd rather someone negative rep me so I knew what was acceptable and what was pushing the envelope.

After all, comrades...it's not real life!!!!!

:o REALLY???????????? :P

That is how it should be viewed, not as a tool of vengeance but a guide as to what people really disagree with :up: