Negative rep?

Arooroomom

Personally I think it will make the bitchiness worse :\ but I guess we'll see in time.

Stacey xxx

Totally agree with you Stacey....people have a tendency to add voice to email and what someone means is not always what someone else reads. I never even knew what it was for until recently.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I couldn't figure out until tonight how to give a +rep so I just kept quite about it, as i didn't want to look an idiot :g_confused: Now I know I ought to give my self a - rep. Just put it down to an age thing. :laughing: ......Ron

You know I couldn't figure out until tonight how to give a +rep so I just kept quite about it, as i didn't want to look an idiot :g_confused: Now I know I ought to give my self a - rep. Just put it down to an age thing. :laughing: ......Ron

:lol: you know, Ron, you can be too honest, hun!! :lol: you only had to PM staff ;) and if it's an age thing, I'm doomed!! :P

Ha ha ha ha sadly, no. Not everyone can be as ace (and diverse at the same time) as this merry band of Husky owners.

Jeez, I wish you could negative rep people in real life; neg rep to the point that they stop existing! Not die, just ceasing to exist!

Have I told you all how much I hate people, gah!!!

LMAO....I have a few people who I would love to make cease to existbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif ( one can but only dream)

I'm sorry but having negetive reps is not a good thing, to be honest, not sure positive reps have a place either. I for one don't post things just to get points, I do so just to answe queies or start posts,

If we are going down this road I am not sure I want to stay a member and will have to think about this.

The thing with neg reps is that just because you may disagree with someones views it allows that person to attack the other member. Lots of members are not allowed to see who gave + or _ so will not know who may be doing this.

I for one have said things I regret, so for me it will definitely make me think really hard before I post something out of irritation, as I certainly would not want a - rep. If this had been brought in sooner, I would probably have loads of -'s. Hope that makes sense :blink:

Having not being around for negative reps in the past, i can't really comment on that.

I just hope people use it wisely and not give neg rep to people because you dont agree with them, or they way they raise husky etc. I really don't like the judgmental stuff where people judge for doing things differently to how they do it etc. Id hope that neg rep was only used if people were nasty or starting arguements.

In my opinion reps are nice, but not the most important things on the forum. I joined the forum for information, meets and general chit chat.... If i end up with -100 I'm not too bothered, so long as i don't get booted off eeek.gif... so i see it as a good implementation. You'll just have to work harder to build them up again. redface.gif

Id hope that neg rep was only used if people were nasty or starting arguements.

This is exactly what they have been switched back on for. To be honest I did not want them on either, however what is happening at present is we are getting 1 or 2 people that will pick at people and although there are many members within that same topic saying they are out of order, that is all that they can do. At least by having these switched on the people who are causing issues in topics will slowly start to see it is not viewed upon very nicely by the community, and not only members of staff.

Dont get me wrong, there is nothing to say that this is something that will stay switched on. However that is what I have personally decided to do for the moment.

I think an issue like this should be put to a vote so the members can decide whether they want them or not. The group is moderated so if the moderators are doing what they should there is no need for this. The offending people should be PM'd and told off and asked to refrain from upsetting people.

I have moderated on groups where people have far more differing views and this pm ing them works or they leave the group.

This is exactly what they have been switched back on for. To be honest I did not want them on either, however what is happening at present is we are getting 1 or 2 people that will pick at people and although there are many members within that same topic saying they are out of order, that is all that they can do. At least by having these switched on the people who are causing issues in topics will slowly start to see it is not viewed upon very nicely by the community, and not only members of staff.

Dont get me wrong, there is nothing to say that this is something that will stay switched on. However that is what I have personally decided to do for the moment.

I really do not see what all the trouble is about this tbh! it does not bother me if you rep me good or rep me bad, im not going to lose any sleep over it, i cant say i would come on here and look at the reps and think to myself "oh no someones given me a negative rep boo hoo"..

Hang on i just noticed i got a neg rep on another thread! thats it i have had enough i feel a very strong PM acoming, how very dare they!!!!......