Negative rep?

Arooroomom

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think an issue like this should be put to a vote so the members can decide whether they want them or not. The group is moderated so if the moderators are doing what they should there is no need for this. The offending people should be PM'd and told off and asked to refrain from upsetting people.

I have moderated on groups where people have far more differing views and this pm ing them works or they leave the group.

Not every forum decision is going to go to a public vote Michelle. I'm am not trying to get the place moderated by its member. I am trying to stop the situations happening in the first place.

At the end of the day I dont see what the problem is. If you are posting like an idiot and end up getting neg rep for it (as you can on many many other forums across the internet) then I'm sorry, but that is because in someones opinion you are posting like an idiot .... For 98% of people on here this being on will change absolutely nothing at all.

Let's just give this a try. I reiterate from another thread that the admin have put together a super forum here. You can't convince me that they will allow -reps to get out of hand. I agree that everyone works hard for their +reps and this could be a manner in which you could lose them quite quickly, IF this is abused. I honestly can't see the majority of us abusing it in that manner. Especially since we can all now see who's giving what to whom.

All that's being asked is that we think before we hit the Post button. Every one of us knows that there are many ways to disagree with someone's posts here. Admin isn't asking us to look away when we have an opinion on a post. I do believe, that they ARE asking us to phrase our responses in a constructive manner. That's all.

Now, let's get out there and post away!

I agree never seen the point of either this is not about getting brownie points,

i dont see why we have reps at all, (positive or negative) Sorry I just dont see the point of it all.

If someone says something useful, then great, if they are being bitchy then just ignore that post :)

Marc, ya know the +/- buttons disappear when you rep someone, would it be possible that they can stay, like if you - rep someone, the + stays, and vice versa, so if the person then explains/expands on the comment we disagreed with, and we can now understand their POV, we can neutralise their rep.

this would also help for when we - rep by accident

I’m not really understanding what the problem is here, this is a very active and successful forum that as helped a lot of members and dogs.

Now tell me if I’m wrong here but as I see it, there are only a handful of members complaining about the negative rep system, as most are willing to give it a chance.

Now if all members comply with the rules, show respect to each other and give out positive replies and help then you will never get a negative rep.

Only the people who are hell bent on negativity, argumentative and disrespect others will receive a negative rep, so as I see it, it’s up to each and every one of you as individuals to decide how you are going to act/ respond to others and posts.

So end of the day if you do not like a post, don’t be negative just move on to the next. Understand that just because one person may disagree there are a lot more that will find the post helpful.

We seem to forget most of us have experience with huskies but the majority of our members join here to learn, so things you may find demeaning maybe of great help to someone else.

I’ve seen loads of posts where I disagree but I also understand that when I first started out, that same post would have helped me out a lot at the beginning, so although I disagree with it now, I move on and say nothing because I know the next person may lean some thing valuable from it.

So my point is some times it’s best to just move on and keep your opinions to your self, think first is it worth arguing, being negative or making a mountain out of a mole hill, read the post and think ’well yes I understand what your saying, yes I disagree but it may help some.

So only the negative, argumentative, narrow-minded people have any thing to fear in getting negative reps, but I know we have a friendly happy family here so in time the negative reps may disappear once again made redundant xxxxxxxxx

I agree with the - being pressed by accident,but, to then have the choice to take back a - uve given for negitivity for whatever reason should not be revoked,uve given it for a reason so leave it at that,otherwise its gonna go round in circles by people explaining away their opinions repeatedly to try and appease other people.

i know what i mean,i hope you all do too. x

I agree never seen the point of either this is not about getting brownie points,

we're not here to gain brownie points, we're here to share our husky experiences & knowledge with each other & if a post makes someone think "well, I never thought of that or doing something that way" then I think that post should be recognised positively - likewise, if someone is retaliating in a hostile manner, they may think twice if given a - rep about the way they post what they are saying OR they are not being constructive, as per the forum rules we have all agreed to abide by

I’m not really understanding what the problem is here, this is a very active and successful forum that as helped a lot of members and dogs.

Now tell me if I’m wrong here but as I see it, there are only a handful of members complaining about the negative rep system, as most are willing to give it a chance.

Now if all members comply with the rules, show respect to each other and give out positive replies and help then you will never get a negative rep.

Only the people who are hell bent on negativity, argumentative and disrespect others will receive a negative rep, so as I see it, it’s up to each and every one of you as individuals to decide how you are going to act/ respond to others and posts.

So end of the day if you do not like a post, don’t be negative just move on to the next. Understand that just because one person may disagree there are a lot more that will find the post helpful.

We seem to forget most of us have experience with huskies but the majority of our members join here to learn, so things you may find demeaning maybe of great help to someone else.

I’ve seen loads of posts where I disagree but I also understand that when I first started out, that same post would have helped me out a lot at the beginning, so although I disagree with it now, I move on and say nothing because I know the next person may lean some thing valuable from it.

So my point is some times it’s best to just move on and keep your opinions to your self, think first is it worth arguing, being negative or making a mountain out of a mole hill, read the post and think ’well yes I understand what your saying, yes I disagree but it may help some.

So only the negative, argumentative, narrow-minded people have any thing to fear in getting negative reps, but I know we have a friendly happy family here so in time the negative reps may disappear once again made redundant xxxxxxxxx

That will be me then.......:D