strange eating

valkyries

Shad is very gentleman-like when he eats, at least now that he's older! Most of my suck it in like they're vacuum cleaners! I usually spread kibble around on the floor for them, rather than feeding them from bowls (unless it's cold out, and I add warm water to make "soup" for them!) so that they have to slow down a bit.

Daughtry takes some of hers and tries to hide it for later on.

Darwin Takes his time

Echo Scarfs it down as quick as she can.

Darwin will nick the others chicken if they wander away.

Echo n Daughtry will nick Darwins kibble if he leaves any.

Teddy refuses to eat dry dog food. I have to sometimes cook or give him can with dry food. When I give him can, he digs around getting the meat from the can out and ignores the dry food. Sometimes I just give him dry food, he just paws at his bowl and spills it all over and watch the birds eat it. He's very hard to get him eating properly. He doesn't even like dog treats. He takes them but then spits them back out.

Awww Whisper used to lay down to eat so I got him an elevated dog bowl. Zihna eats in her crate laying down too. Whisper is more like a vacuum and Zihna eats like a bird picking one kibble after another. She has always been really gentle even with taking food from peoples hand.

embry used to be lazy until we got zoey but now he knows if he doesnt eat normally zoey will try and get it

zoey eats like shes starving :lol:

My Zoey eats like she's starving too!! She just engulfs it, while Cesar likes to pick at it until I encourage him to eat up :)

Cesar (always stands in the most awkward directions when he eats)

180340_10150415460440595_529420594_17326156_3561969_n.jpg

Zoey mowing down her food

168674_10150415460615595_529420594_17326159_403326_n.jpg

Shad is and always has been a picky eater. If he could, he would prefer his own private, preferably gourmet, chef! I admit to having spoiled him greatly lately, because with his recent illness, he really would NOT eat anything - even raw chicken, which is a favorite! The rest of my pack tend to be vacuum cleaners, and will generally suck any food they're given, regardless of form or type, down - just to make sure that nobody else will even look at it. tongue.gif