Can they tell the time???

Tan J P

Does your dog/s know when its dinner time?

We feed Shadow and Marley at 6am,12pm,and then 6pm,and can guarantee that about 10mins beforehand they both start goin bit loopy and just wander aimlessly--even if they were asleep!

if you ask what they want they both run in the kitchen and sit by their bowls :D

Yep 9am in the morning I get a dog in the stomach to get up and feed them/let them out in the garden.. then if they havnt had a walk by 11ish their boucing around wooing at me and then gambling away when I stand up, then again at 6.30ish in the eve its wooooo woooo wooo woooooooooooo dinner time mum c'mon!!

They most certainly tell time very well! :lol:

I get up for work at 0400 hrs every morning, I let all three dogs out into the garden, then get ready for work as they lay down and go back to sleep, unfortuately at the weekend when I want a lay in, you guess it, scratching at the bedroom door followed by woowing at 0400 hrs, I have to get up to let them out :angry:

The answer to that is yes, as being a poor sleeper I usually get up at 2am and watch the TV. Now Tao makes sure I'm up at that time and watches it with me..........Ron

Not sure about them being able to tell the time, maybe time of day or the approximate time things happen, more like a memory reaction than time keeping, I know they can count, when my female last went through whelping, on entering and leaving the whelping area she would bob her head as though counting the 8 pups, and 8 bobs up and down each time she entered and left, so we distinguished she had to be counting, we even tried to remove a puppy to see if she noticed that their was 7 and she did every time as she only bobbed her head 7 times then.

Husky alarm clocks....5:15 am and then again they start asking for their dinner around 2:30pm, but it's way too early and I like to make them wait until at least 4. They will have to reset their clocks when I go back to the working world because our at home time will be different. Andy starts to chatter the same time every day and Jackson joins in with his deep voiced wooing....they are really very funny and do the same thing when you ask them if they are hungry or want to go for a walk!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/andrewjackson2010?feature=mhum#p/u/4/cOhMc46y43Y

It's so much fun making the dogs crazy!

Husky alarm clocks....5:15 am and then again they start asking for their dinner around 2:30pm, but it's way too early and I like to make them wait until at least 4. They will have to reset their clocks when I go back to the working world because our at home time will be different. Andy starts to chatter the same time every day and Jackson joins in with his deep voiced wooing....they are really very funny and do the same thing when you ask them if they are hungry or want to go for a walk!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/andrewjackson2010?feature=mhum#p/u/4/cOhMc46y43Y

It's so much fun making the dogs crazy!

LOL, we get all that at walkies time and feeding time too, good job our neighbours dont mind, we'd have hell if not.

When Jack was a pup he loved to wake me up at around 3 and 5.30 AM to pee. Every night. Now he's a lazy couchpotato and doesn't care about time. Arwen is like alarm clock. At 3.30 - 4 PM she starts to walk nervously around, which means - it's time to go out...and it should be NOW. They don't have particular feeding time, in the morning I feed them 30 min to 1h after walk, same for dinner time. And they know that eating comes after walk, I tried to feed them, then wait and walk out, but they just know their routine.

YES! He knows when it's time to get up. He also knows when it's time for a walk, which is every evening at 6:30. If I walk him around for a few minutes and act like I'm heading back to the apartment, he will start walking back the other way...as if to say "the walking trail is over here if you forgot.":rolleyes: :lol:

Mine don't have a set feeding time but they know as soon as we turn the tv off and go into the kitchen at night it's dinner time and they sit on top of their cages and watch through the kitchen window and when they see us coming back through they get straight into their cages and wait for their bowls

Yes they do! Akira starts to woo at 1:30am because my husband made the mistake of feeling the dogs at that time one night and now she is set on eating them and going out. And he is a push over and keeps giving in to them and then again she knows that he wakes up at 6:30am and will start wooing for him to wake up and play with her and she knows dinner time is at 5pm and will woo and sit by the closet that their food is kept in.

http://www.youtube.com/user/andrewjackson2010?feature=mhum

I posted another video earlier, but this one is from yesterday when Jackson started wooing us to let us know what time it was. He has a new nickname...besides Jack Frost it's Jumpin' Jack. I know it looks like he's getting away with murder, but when he first came to us, he could not sit at all before we put his food down. I don't think he'll ever learn to wait to eat, as we are almost certain that he did not get fed on a regular basis...(he was quite thin when he came to us also). So, YES, they can tell time.

I've probably told this before, but....

My husband takes our lab/rottie X (Chance) to work each day. Once in a while he goes fishing and leaves the work to his employees. Chance can't go fishing as he used to retrieve ducks for my son on his duck hunting excursions. Therefore, he thinks he should retrieve the fish on fishing trips which, to his dismay, is NOT what my husband wants!

Anyway, Chance must stay at home when hubby goes fishing. At 7:45 a.m. he will begin to sigh. If I ignore him, he'll sit up and sigh, or throw himself down on the floor and sigh. The first time, I didn't understand. By 8 a.m. (when the shop normally opens) he was laying by the door alternately sighing and crying. Now, when hubby goes fishing, like it or not, I must take him to the shop so he can work with the employees. (Who, thankfully, give him a ride home after work.) Then he's happy!

So, while Chance may not know what the clock says, his internal clock knows very well what time it is!