Hello from Greater manchester

flashbax

:rofl: Hi Noel

Sounds like a true husky to me! :lol: :lol: there's loads of info on here about howling & crating, etc, have a check through our training section maybe - or if you have any other questions, post 'em up, there's always someone to help out.

BTW, we are having a meet in Heaton Park in 2 weeks if you fancy popping along & meeting some of us, have a bit of a stroll, we'd love to meet you & Siber :D

Heaton park! Yeah thats sounds good i'd really like him to get around other huskys he loves other dogs. Took him up chew vally and round dove stones today for a few hours, but TBH i didnt think i was doing any harm. Sorry if i sound ignorant on this. I did my searching for a very long time for a dog that could do the walks and maybe even come along when i go out on the MTB but thats not an option as i will not take him off the lead.

Thanks for the welcomes to i'm glad i found this place i'm prob gonna need the advice..

I live in Hyde, Hattersley so lucky to have the peak district and a lot of open land for walks not to far..

Welcome great to meet you and Siber. biggrin.gif

Great advice Linda +1

Please be careful about over exercising him.unsure.gif

Too much too soon can badly affect the joints and bones, so that when he gets older

he may find it difficult to walk and exercise without discomfort.

Unfortunately he will happily walk and run and play for hours, not realising the damage being caused.

You have to be the moderator.

5 mins per month of age per session.

So at 4 months old a walk of no more than 20mins.

but he can have two or three of these 20 mins sessions per day.

and don't forget he's probably going to be running around the house and playing in your garden too

so overall he'll be getting plenty of exercise.smile.gif

Hi, and welcome! Siber's awfully cute! smile.gif

As puppies, their bones and joints are still quite soft, as they're still growing. I wouldn't worry nearly as much about a slow amble with frequent rests on turf, as opposed to hard surfaces, like a sidewalk or road. You especially don't want to be doing a lot of steady walking or running over distance on the harder surfaces, though, until they mature between 18 months and two years.

Have fun with him! biggrin.gif

Yeah hes a little stunner, but hes crying now and howling. Ive put him in the kitchen now b4 i go to bed. I'm hoping this doesnt carry on for months and he'll grow out of it.

I take him out 3 times a day for around half hour, morning afternoon and nite all around 20-30 min. The long walks would have been every weekend but i'll stop now until he is older.

He seems to enjoy getting in the car and coming out for trips to eastlands and pets at home ,he took great delight in biting a hole into a bit bag of dry food and letting it spill on the floor just as i shouted a member of staff over.

So i'm stood there red faced and trying to say sorry and he got a mouth full of food from said bag. I didnt have to pay for it thank god..