I have an inquiring email in...

jayt

We are beginning to think it's time for a friend for jonny. We would really like to find a nice girl who is down on her luck, rather than buy a puppy. I have an email in I quiring if she is well socialized, and if we can bring Jon to meet her. She is literally one town away from us.

Is it cruel to change her name? Lol.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CT20.18557538-1-x.jpg

Her name is Diamond. 14 months old, spayed.

"This is Diamond ....she is 14 months of age and is a Beutifull Siberian Husky. Diamond weighs between 50 -60 lbShe is very sweet has A LOT of energy ,she loves to run around and play..,know all her commands :sit,wait,stop,leave it, get it, lay down, she is totally houstrained...

Diamonds family can no longer have her in the apartment where they live... she needs a lot of room , yard, playtime etc.... Her owners adore her but know she deserves better.."

Well done for deciding to go for a rehome rather than a puppy.

Both Echo and Darwin are rehomes.

Diamond is beautiful, bit on the thin side maybe.unsure.gif

I love her name, however if you decide to change it, don't worry they pick up that the word you keep saying to them is thier new name.

When we got Echo she was 18 months old and called Ginny. She's been our obstreperous girly Echo ever since.biggrin.gif

Yeah they already responded, and have told us if we don't have a 1+ acre fenced in yard, we won't be considered.This is what happened to us when we were looking to adopt initially. The first time, they wanted an outrageous 'donation'. This time, since we are in an apt, they aren't considering us. Hello! We already have a husky, don't you think we realize they need exercise? Jon walks at least 2.5 miles (sorry you km people :P ) per day.Sometimes I really don't get it. Give her to loving people who are husky-broken, or put her to sleep.

I don't know how the expect to get dogs adopted when they turn down good homes left and right. Really pisses me off. They need to get their heads out of the sand and spend time actually TALKING to people before making decisions.

Just because you have an acre lot doesn't mean you're going to be giving the Husky the exercise and stimulation it needs. I'm sure when the Husky digs out of their yard and runs off they'll realize yards don't make good homes. But that will be too late.dry.gif

This is exactly why we just got a puppy. I really wanted to rescue, but the demands are outrageous. I was able to understand when we were new dog owners, its a bit risky on their part. But if we already have one of the same breed, don't you think we'd have it under control (assuming we are gluttons for punishment, and looking for another)? We're moving out (my job situation pending) in a few months. If she is available then, we will push further. If it was meant to be, she will still be there.I just hope she is happy, wherever she is.

WOW 1 ache plus!!!?????? Ok I know you guys in the states have bigger gardens than us here in the UK but thats just REDICULOUS!!!! I have a garden the size of a very small postage stamp and my two get on just fine! Its basically just their toilet and then we go on nice long walks in the country to tire them out.... I actually think a realistic owner with a small garden is more likely to take ccare of a husky better than someone with a huge garden as with a huge garden the owner might get lazy and think ooh well I dont need to walk them they have all that garden to play in when a husky its not just the amount of space its the actual stimulation of getting out and about and expereincing!

Hope you find another more REALISTIC rescue soon! :mellow:

It's unfortunate but I guess they just don't have the amount of people to check everyone out and so they put blanket statements on everything. If you really want her, i'd push for her. Send them as much info as needed, tell them all about your & John, ect. ect. If I was running a rescue i'd love to see commitment to a dog like that.

Is this a breed specific rescue or just a rescue?