Marmora Race Pics!

ocspirit

Still waiting on pictures from the Kortright race but my aunt sent me these from the Marmora race I was just at last weekend, enjoy! We finished 11th out of 20 in an open class with only 4 Siberian teams, the rest were all Alaskan Huskies and Hounds

Leaving the start on the Saturday - My lead dogs are Lukey and Shaq, wheel dogs are Beau and Oso

DSCN1450.jpg

Coming to the finish line on the Sunday

DSCN1466.jpg

Dropping dogs and souping (giving baited water) at my aunt's where I spent the night. And yes I'm in my PJs... LOL

From left to right, Emma, Lukey, Wolfie and Oso

DSCN1458.jpg

Other side of the dogbox

From left to right, Oso, Beau, Thor (I think), Shaq, Ronan and OC

DSCN1457.jpg

Vixen climbing snowbanks to get a better view of the races

DSCN1456.jpg

I'm so jealous of your equipment and team! Having a four dog team would be a dream!!! :dribble:

I only sled with my one guy on a kick sled and it's soooooooo fun! I'm hoping to someday have a team of at least three dogs.

Very awesome pictures, and good job!

I bet if I ever raced, my dog would want to play with the dogs... hence I'd come in last, haha!

Dunc, thanks! its a long way from cramming the dogs into the back of my dad's company truck like we used to have to do!

David, I'm not worried, I'm actually quite proud of our placement!!!!

Sarah, these dogs belong to Bob and Kathy Kilbreath of SiberSprint Kennels. Kathy got silver in the purebred 4-dog class at IFSS World's in 2009. Kathy is focusing more on skijoring though and Bob is looking at doing mid-distance so I get to run the sprint guys :) Ronan ran on Bob's team with Emma, Wolfie and Thor because he's just not fast enough to keep up with the 4 boys I ran. Bob had me run the faster team cause Kathy got called into work at the last minute and I'm "younger so I still bounce if something goes wrong" LOL

Darc, get in touch with some local mushers to you. Most are more than willing to help you get involved and maybe run some dogs for them. Thats what I did back when I was first starting out.

Darc, get in touch with some local mushers to you. Most are more than willing to help you get involved and maybe run some dogs for them. Thats what I did back when I was first starting out.

Done and done! Put a post up on kijiji a couple weeks ago :3 Most of the people were unhelpful... But there was one girl that I'm hoping to meet up with next weekend <3 She has a team of 3-4 and said that she'd love for my guy to run with them, yay!

There's not many mushers here at all ;_;