Dog tags

Stormy

http://www.mydogtag.com/ <--- its a US site but cheap and really quick on delivery too

they have 2 each (or did skyla lost hers so she needs new 1s) we have our full address - the west midlands united kingdom bit too - 2 tel numbers and it states that they are microchipped too

35777_419047351680_714381680_4986836_1430995_n.jpg

This what my 3 have

http://www.pettags.c...od&productId=25

YES they are expensive . . . BUT

they last for YEARS.

When we got Darwin we got him a tag from Jolleys

y'know the fun engraving machine, watch it while it does the job.

it had practically worn off in 4 months.

So we went with a heavier laser engraved option.

What's on it.

Name

Email address

Mobile phone number

House phone number

house number and postcode

mine dont have their names on - but when i get skylas new 1s i might put hers on it - that just means then that blaze needs new 1s too ;)

bingos tag is just a plain simple tag - blue with a silver paw print on the front and our addy n my number on the back - he never goes anywhere so he just has it on there for the fact u can get fined if they dont have tags

39724_431901826680_714381680_5332587_4822789_n.jpg

we were told not to put the dogs names on their tags incase the dogs got stolen , apparently you should put your surname on them now too.

That makes sense, I have never thought of it that way... I will consider that next time i get one for sure. Thanks +1

A mobile number is essential

When your Dawgy decides to go for an unauthorised walkies.

YOU then get everyone out on the streets looking for the AWOL dog.

So if all you've got on there is your HOUSE number.

There will be no-one at home when the dog warden or kind person

who discovers Husky raiding their bin phones your house to say

"I've got your dog"

we got BOGOF ones from ebay (there's a thread on here about it), they look good, and £3 for 2 tags :)

Ours have their name (they answer to anything, so what does it matter really), my mobile number, and the home phone number.

And they say that they're chipped

I refuse to put our address on it, tags have been stolen off the dog's collars in the past when people are fussing them. They would then know where the dog lives if you had your address on it. Bye Bye dog :(

I got Kira a pretty expensive one, but I wanted one that was different from every other dog I'd seen.... It worked, never seen one of these on another dog. It's really pretty to, if my number changes, I'm getting another one of these...

See attached image, not allowed to use said file name on the site.

They come in nine different shapes. Kira's got a half moon, crescent looking one. It's so cute. The only down side to this tag is that it only has your number listed on it. When I move, hopefully this spring, back to PEI I will be getting another one of these but have a cheaper one behind it that has my address.

Here's the link to where I bought it: Tag link!

I really love Dogids.com, they have soooo much neat stuff!

post-2930-13585961049403_thumb.jpg

I use the deep engraved tags here: http://www.collarsandtags.co.uk/pet-tags-pet-id-tags-by-collars-and-tags-c-38_76.html

Loads better than the thin machine-engraved ones, I found that the writing wore off those very quickly, these ones are very thick metal medallions and the engraving is infilled deeply. I have a plain nickel one, the one with the black star and also one of their embossed military tags - all are excellent quality and you can get a full address and two phone numbers on there.

Mine have these collarsandtags their embossed so it cant rub off and its a UK site so postage wasnt as expensive.

Its actually a legal requirement that a tag has

Your surname

Your FULL postal adress

and a contact number

Mine also Say Microchiped at the top just so that if someone found my dog and thought hhhmm might just take the collar off no one will know, they know I can trace them through the microchip and are more likly to give them back! :)

I don't have any special dog tags, but I do have the standard dog license tag that I have to buy every year ($25 dollars. Not bad.) and his rabies/ canine parvo tags.

He's also microchipped which came in handy last year when ran away and was gone all day.