Bowlegged puppy?

Minka&Loki

This is a new thing we've noticed about Loki. His front legs are slightly bowed.... kind of how stereotypically a bulldog walks. I've read about knuckling and it seems plausible I guess. He runs and plays with no issue whatsoever but his front legs sort if tremble as though they are weak. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe its growth plates. We are taking them to the vet soon but they went to the vet on the 1st and nothing was noticed. Should we exercise him more to strengthen his legs or not as much as not to exacerbate the problem?

-Kira

how old is she now hun? And what food is she on - it could be malnutrition - i don't mean that in a bad way but depending on what food she's had maybe there's something missing that she needed if you see what i mean? was it a puppy food?

It could also be genetic, although if it is the breeder wants a slap lol can you get in contact with them and ask?

I'd mention it to your vet, they may want to do some x rays to see how her bones are forming and growing x

We thought Shadow looked/walked bow-legged from the back when she was little pup,really strutting her stuff,but her hips and everything were checked by the vet and she is absolutely normal now is it just a puppy thing.

how about a pic to show it may help those in the know x

I think it is knuckling. The breeders had them on science diet for puppies. They've been weaned off that and are on totw lamb which is 25% protein as opposed to 27% sd.... going to switch Loki over to a 24%> protein food as i've heard it helps. Has anyone had any luck with cod liver oil with knuckling? Also heard good things. Just happy to catch something so early on. Any suggestions welcome

Haven't been on here in a bit but just wanted to update you guys. loki's legs are straightening out it seems, got him some cod liver oil yesterday but they were already improving from just being on totw, since we took him off science diet as soon as we figured out he had a knuckling problem. Thank you all.

Jonathan