Hello From Ireland!!!

BredaMcGrath

Hi all... Im new to this !!! but not that new to huskies!!! Im inlove with huskies they are not a normal dog their out on their own!!! lol

I have two huskys... Gunnar my Male i have had since a pup... he is now over 2yrs, and is my big baby...He is a picky eater but getting better.. he is very funny and howls I luv you,

So playfull and really is a great dog!!!

And my second is my female Hatashi..

Hatashi is a year old (we presume), She is a rescue dog from a puppy farm... Her and 70 other dogs were kept in a very small shed, that was never cleaned...

She has a nail bed infection from standing in her own urine, her fur was matted so much that it was pulling at her skin, her back legs are bent because her ligaments have not developed prop,

she has no trust in humans, and is scared of anything that moves, and has an overall irritation of her skin- red and inflammed- which she is on steroids for...

We collected Hatashi last sunday..She has gained alot of trust in me, her coat was shaved, eating well, and coming out of herslf with the help of Gunnar :) ...

I would be greatfull of any advice on how to help her more.. and i am looking forward to chatting to everyone :)

B

[ATTACH]7819.IPB[/ATTACH]

post-3426-13585961124526_thumb.jpg

Hi n welcome, well done for get Hatashi n saved her from that awful place. Sounds like ur doin just fine, only advice from me is patience cos its gunna take along time to trust u but im sure that soon u both will have a special bond as she will c u as the human who took her away from there and now feeds her n walks her n shows love, no other bond will be like it.

Good luck n im glad u have joined this forum, many of us have rescue Huskies so im sure u will get lots of advice.

Emily, Scooby, Nanook n Mushu xx

Hello and welcome :)

thats a lovely pic of your babies,looks like they have settled together brilliantly in such a short time.

my advice to you is.....carry on doin what you are doing,lots of love,care and attention and letting her know she's loved and wanted,like Emily said,the bond will be like no other.

hope her problems are sorted soon.bless her.

well done you taking her away from that awful place and giving her a forever home. xx :)

first of all, welcome to the forum, we're glad you found us & shared her story, secondly, well done on helping the poor girl get out of that hell & start to lead a "normal" life (if a husky life CAN be normal! :lol: )

She looks so happy with Gunnar in that pic, you would never have guessed the background she has come from. I will echo what people have said, patience & time will help her tremendously but having a guide like Gunnar will benefit her loads, show her humans can be trusted and show her how to enjoy life. It will probably take a while, something like that can't be undone overnight, but by the sounds of it, you are doing everything she needs ... keep up the good work, let her guide you as to how quickly to move things on & keep the updates & pics coming, we'd love to see the success story unfold :D

Welcome.

You have huskies

We love Huskies.

Job done. . .

Now don't be a stranger, JOIN IN the FUN biggrin.gif

Welcome to you and your two fur babies. Great photo. They both appear to be enjoying each other's company.