FAO Rosemary

valkyries

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, sorry I haven't updated on Ozzy & Micah. Micah is well, but Ozzy is still not over it. He has eaten today, not much, but at least he is trying. His diarrhea has not cleared up either and only has enough tablets left for one day. I spoke to the vet and she wanted us to wait another day or two before trying anything else. If it has not cleared up by Monday I will take him in and they will do the tests - I will be really p'd off if they pick up something from the tests, and we could have done something else earlier.

Poor Micah, she hangs around him and seems to know he is ill because she whines and touches him with her paw as if she is trying to encourage him to get up and play :(

My poor huskies, I just wish I knew what has caused Ozzy to be so ill so that we can take precautions against it happening again. The vet is convinced it is not the frog that Micah was playing with which made her so ill, as the symptoms are so totally different.

Yay - Ozzy ate a full portion of boiled chicken and brown rice last night and then after an hour came woo wooing for more. This morning he ate ALL his food again :laola: Now I am just waiting to see if the diarrhea clears up. I am sure this is a sign that he is finally getting better :crazydance:

How awesome is that :lol:

Yay - Ozzy ate a full portion of boiled chicken and brown rice last night and then after an hour came woo wooing for more. This morning he ate ALL his food again :laola: Now I am just waiting to see if the diarrhea clears up. I am sure this is a sign that he is finally getting better :crazydance:

How awesome is that :lol:

Really good news :)

Took Ozzy for his final check up yesterday and things are definitely looking up. His temperature is back to normal and he is eating properly again - his poo is still a bit mushy, but it should be ok soon. By eating properly, I mean he is eating. He so loved his boiled chicken and rice, the brat now thinks he can get that everyday :lol: Sound familiar Linda - I think I have an Odin in the making :)

Vets and nutrition ? They are clueless.

The vet again asked us what we feed them. I told her they are both on a raw diet and that Ozzy CANNOT digest processed food at all - I don't know why I feel the need to justify the fact that they are on raw, but she makes me feel guilty. Her reply was to try him of Hills again and to see how it goes :blink: I told her he had been on Hills, on the advice of one of the other partners, and that it was the worst of all the brands they stock - and believe me they are all bad - we don't get the better quality kibble here. She then went on to say, ok Ozzy can stay on the raw 'if he must', but Micah should change over to 'large' breed kibble. Yeah right - she is ever so slightly p'd of at me - but I know my dogs and what works for them.

On the down side - they cannot tell me 100% what caused his illness, but they think it is the frog that he and Micah were playing with - even though they had very different reactions to the toxins :(