NOT A WOLF!

Elyse

I hate it when I'm out in public and people ask if my dog is part wolf or is a wolf!

No. He is not a wolf. He doesn't look like a wolf. Just because his colouration is like a wolf's does NOT make him a wolf/wolfdog!

Graagh. It's different people everytime, obviously, but it makes me want to smack the people who keep on asking that darn question.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol lol we get it all the time, we had some kids who lived down the road who were little rogues and one asked one day what they were called, I told them Saskia and Wolf so he asked were they wolves and tame? I said yes meaning tame and since that day they take a wide birth but dont give us any jip now so quite funny .Best of it is, Wolf howls if he is stood doing nothing too long so you could imagine there faces!! so can benifit sometimes, but know where you are coming from lol.

Believe it or not, I've had the Humane Society and the By-law come to my house because people have reported that I own "wolves". The by-law officer actually sat on the floor to rub Cesar's tummy and laughed when he saw them because he knew they were huskies right away. Some people are just dense.

When walking my two its the adults I meet along the way who are clueless. You can see them moving away as you walk past. I get asked are they wolves or akitas lol Its the child who actually know that they're huskies, obviously because of snow dogs or eight below. I like educating people about them because most people have no idea about them at all.

I mest agree, with kids I tell them yes, but most round our area just reply with 'cool' lol, also think its REALLY funny when you see people cross the road so they don't have to walk past you like our dogs are vicious or something.

Then there's them other dog owners that see you walking towards them so what do they do, tense up pull there dog right in, which freaks there dog out and then there dog goes to attack ours and ours is like whatever i'm on a walk so thats what i'm doing. Silly people.

Rant over LOL

Oh, Dear. Oh, dear. Oh, dear. . . . .

When will you lot understand. . . .

That the Great Unwashed. . sorry. . . the general non Husky owning public are always right !!!!

Simply by statistics they MUST be.

90% of them believe they are full or part wolf.

Therefore they ARE.

The numbers don't lie. biggrin.gif

My usual answer is "Yes, they are and they haven't been fed yet.

and your fingers look like little sausages. . Nom nom nom.

Still wan't to stroke them"laugh.gif

I actually quite like the fact that the Husky looks like a wolf. The little girl next door says to her dad "Daddy can we go and see the wolf next door". She's a cutie. Why do you get so worked up for?

I like your reponse Andy... I think most people look at them and feel that way. They are gentle giants really.

I actually quite like the fact that the Husky looks like a wolf. The little girl next door says to her dad "Daddy can we go and see the wolf next door". She's a cutie. Why do you get so worked up for?

I agree. I know a lot about huskies because I have done a lot of research, but I wouldn't expect other people to. I don't know much about other breeds, either, so I hope owners of the dogs I meet don't think I'm an idiot when I ask questions about their dogs.

So it doesn't bother me in the least when people ask if he's part wolf. It would only bother me if they actually called the humane society or police or animal control, but no one's ever come close to doing that.

"Is it a wolf?"

"No, it's a sausage"

Ha ha ha ha ha that made me laugh so loud that I woke up a VERY zonked out dog and cat!

I got accused, yes accused, of letting my wolf roam free today.

I took Anya to a new park and after a while on her long lead I let her off, away from the enclosed children's park, right down the other end of the park we were, in fact.

Her call back was brilliant today so we ventured a little further back to the top of the park, and just as I was about to cal her back to put her lead on (home time!) a mother and two girls came out of the park. The youngest must have been about 6 or 7.

Anyway, Anya runs over to play as she had been playing with my friend's daughter the day before and the daughter was LOVING the jumps and lick and business. However, this little girl backed away and Anya left her, then ran off. I was calling her but she had decided that the time for being obedient was over and it was time to be a pest.

I went over and apologised and tried to grab Anya's harness, but she bolted in a big circle again.

"I'm really sorry about that. (to girl) Are you ok? She's a puppy and very playful"

"You should keep her on a lead!!!"

"Sorry?"

"On a lead, I dunno why they let dangerous dogs in parks anyway."

"what makes you think she's a dangerous dog?"

"She tried to maul my little girl"

"If you really think that I will give you my details and you can report me to the police"

"It's not right, keeping half breeds and that, it makes them mad, my mum in law's got a dog that's a half breed, nasty temper"

"Half breed? She -" (Anya now under control and back on her lead)

"Yeah, huskies are dogs bred with wolves! Dangerous"

"Right. Firstly, my girl is a pure breed. Secondly, she's a pure breed husky and saying that a husky is a dog crossed with a wolf is like saying a dalmatian is a dog crossed with a cow! I'm sorry that she jumped up, but you are quite wrong."

"Well she shouldn't have jumped"

"Yes, you are right, but how CLEVER of you to argue my point with EXACTLY THE SAME POINT that she shouldn't have jumped up!"

nacrkubgxmcvknah.g v\'cx/ Goddamn people. I hate em all.

I've been asked that quite a few times as well. I also get asked if they are malamutes. I've been in my house and town going on 4 years now and my boy has charmed the pants off of everyone in this town. I get stopped all the time when we are out and about and they compliment him to no end. He is such a calm quiet soul that everyone gravitates to him. I can't count how many times he has been complimented on his manners. He is more well known here than I am! People always say to me "You're the one with the husky" :rolleyes: