NOT A WOLF!

Elyse

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had it happen the other day.. site i was working on i was chatting to a guy who has a Malamute.. and his boss was standing there .. showing a picture on my phone of my 3 girls the guy's boss.. remarked "they are not dogs there bloody wolves".,.. hmmm like i havn't heard that one so many times before..

SolitaryHowl, every time I see your sig I somehow see this picture:

ei8211.jpg

IMG_6236.JPG

Almost the same pose :P Although you can see really good a difference in structure.

Speaking of which, I think I should actual print out a paper to let people who think they're a wolf compare huskies with wolves :lol:

This is a wolf:

IMG_6239.JPG

And this is a husky:

av-3267.jpg

This is a wolf:

IMG_5305.JPG

And this is a husky:

gallery_1365_344_23501.jpg

This is a wolf:

IMG_5506.JPG

And this is a husky:

blije-dana.jpg?w=250

It is THAT simple!

Haha - yeah. But I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this. People really need to be educated...

Don't get me wrong, I love wolves and they're probably my favourite animal, but there are lots of behaviour and physical differences between a husky and a wolf.

I'm not going to lie, sometimes it's hard to tell if the colors are really similar to a wolf's. In films huskies are usually portrayed as wolves because who wants to train a wolf that could potentially turn?

But yeah, the obvious ones are just silly. It's like walking up to someone with a great dane and asking if it's a pomeranian.

True; and for those wolves they usually use wolfdog hybrids too. Except in rare cases, like the movie Blood and Chocolate, where they use actual wolves. I know because I have the DVD with the director's commentary.

:D

And, actually, I read somewhere that Suka's colour combination is called 'Wolf Grey'

Yeah - haha! I've done a lot of research on wolf hybrids. They are a lot harder to train than a dog (a lot more stubborn than a husky, too!), are more dangerous (not sure whether to be a dog or a wolf) and have an extremely high prey drive. (Higher than huskies? You cannot train wolfdog hybrids to not chase after animals.)

Yeah, and for all those reasons I don't think people should be allowed to own them unless it's a very very small amount of wolf. There's a person here that owns a timber wolf/husky (I think, never saw it up close) but that thing is HUGE!! I saw it out of the corner of my eye one day as I was driving (heard people all talking about it, it's 13 years old.. 14 now), it stood at the person's waist...

I'll take my curly tailed siberian over a hybrid any day <3

I have a timberwolf/husky. He's awesome, easily trained, great temperment, and he looks like a full blooded husky. He is big though, I think he's going to be bigger than the average husky. GOod thing he's a big teddy bear. PArtially due to being properly trained and socialized. He doesn't even chase the squirrels in the yard, he runs from them. LOL

Ha ha ha ha ha that made me laugh so loud that I woke up a VERY zonked out dog and cat!

I got accused, yes accused, of letting my wolf roam free today.

I took Anya to a new park and after a while on her long lead I let her off, away from the enclosed children's park, right down the other end of the park we were, in fact.

Her call back was brilliant today so we ventured a little further back to the top of the park, and just as I was about to cal her back to put her lead on (home time!) a mother and two girls came out of the park. The youngest must have been about 6 or 7.

Anyway, Anya runs over to play as she had been playing with my friend's daughter the day before and the daughter was LOVING the jumps and lick and business. However, this little girl backed away and Anya left her, then ran off. I was calling her but she had decided that the time for being obedient was over and it was time to be a pest.

I went over and apologised and tried to grab Anya's harness, but she bolted in a big circle again.

"I'm really sorry about that. (to girl) Are you ok? She's a puppy and very playful"

"You should keep her on a lead!!!"

"Sorry?"

"On a lead, I dunno why they let dangerous dogs in parks anyway."

"what makes you think she's a dangerous dog?"

"She tried to maul my little girl"

"If you really think that I will give you my details and you can report me to the police"

"It's not right, keeping half breeds and that, it makes them mad, my mum in law's got a dog that's a half breed, nasty temper"

"Half breed? She -" (Anya now under control and back on her lead)

"Yeah, huskies are dogs bred with wolves! Dangerous"

"Right. Firstly, my girl is a pure breed. Secondly, she's a pure breed husky and saying that a husky is a dog crossed with a wolf is like saying a dalmatian is a dog crossed with a cow! I'm sorry that she jumped up, but you are quite wrong."

"Well she shouldn't have jumped"

"Yes, you are right, but how CLEVER of you to argue my point with EXACTLY THE SAME POINT that she shouldn't have jumped up!"

nacrkubgxmcvknah.g v\'cx/ Goddamn people. I hate em all.

I had someone like that before but it was her dog that was causing the commotion in the first place! Mind you her face was familiar?????????unsure.gif....................THAT'S where I'd seen her!!ohmy.gif She was that Hyena on the telly the other night where they were doing an experiment regarding a dead elephant and all who ate itsmile.gif She was the spitting image of the one that had it's head & shoulders stuffed up it's A*** when it's innards blew back out!laugh.gif Silly cow! Demon looked at me as if to say "Can I kill it? Is it getting on your t**s Dad like it is mine?"dry.gif OOOOOOOOOO!! How tempting............hmmmmmm!angry.gif Ah-well! Rant's over, back to normality...Lolwink.gif

Ian & The Ingleby Krew

Ugh, this topic reminds me of some idiot at the dog park. We don't get many huskies around here, you see one maybe every four-five months, you see a lot of mixes though. Funny how they were everywhere when I wanted one, as soon as I get one there's none... Anyways! So this guy was at the park with his dog (can't remember what it was) my dog and his dog were running around, playing. He turns to us and asks what our dog is, we say a siberian. He's like, "Oh, you sure it's not a mix with a coyote? It's so mangy and scrawny" :angry: I could have killed him. I'm from PEI, there's TONS of coyotes there, I know what they look like. My dad hunts them with his hound dogs in the winter, grrr. I find a lot of people around here have no idea what a purebred husky looks like because there's so many mixes >_< It's a pain in the butt.

Ugh, this topic reminds me of some idiot at the dog park. We don't get many huskies around here, you see one maybe every four-five months, you see a lot of mixes though. Funny how they were everywhere when I wanted one, as soon as I get one there's none... Anyways! So this guy was at the park with his dog (can't remember what it was) my dog and his dog were running around, playing. He turns to us and asks what our dog is, we say a siberian. He's like, "Oh, you sure it's not a mix with a coyote? It's so mangy and scrawny" :angry: I could have killed him. I'm from PEI, there's TONS of coyotes there, I know what they look like. My dad hunts them with his hound dogs in the winter, grrr. I find a lot of people around here have no idea what a purebred husky looks like because there's so many mixes >_< It's a pain in the butt.

could have!? i WOULD have killed him :angry: