Ignorant people.

Cassandra & Honey

My mum was leaving for her afternoon walk with Honey to meet up with me a few blocks away on the lake today and overheard one of the neighbours in mid conversation talking about huskies.

The pair were looking at Honey and nodding and pointing, the man was saying ''and those dogs, they're far more vicious than any pitbull, keep away from those things''. .. she couldn't make out what else he was saying though.

I think it upset my mum a little.

It sucks when people are so stupid and just listen to gossip.

The biggest thing that pi55es me off when people say things like this, is that they don't know anything about dogs, if they did, they'd know it's the individual dog/owners that cause these dogs to become vicious.

Such bull.

:angry:

And while on our walk today i saw 2 min schnauzers with muzzles on. Had a shitzu charge Osh going mental and an offleash owner-less mini foxi follow and then proceed to try a full blown attack on honey and osh. Both my girls took it though, they're nice dogs.

Little dogs have such a free ride with bad publicity on attacks and behaviour.

Little dogs get away with murder - the most vicious dog I have ever come across is a little Yorkshire Terrier with a pink sequined bow in her hair - my huskies are terrified of her :( Everyone around her thinks she is sooo cute even when she attacks other dogs - all they say is she is so brave and fearless. Let a bigger dog try what she gets away with, and they are classed as vicious and should be pts :(

What "other" people fail to realise is that LITTLE dog still has a full set of very sharp teeth,

and can inflict just as much damage as a BIG dog.

Small does NOT = Harmlessblink.gif

i hate little dogs, its not their fault though its the fault of their owners.

larger breed owners are aware of the dangers of owning a dog and most a carefull.

small dogs tend to get treated like babies.

down our local park a small dog ran at suki barking and snarling, suki growled back at it and it ran back and jumped in its owners arms.

the owner said did your dog go for mine.

so i said no your dog came up all in my dogs face and my dog growled at it. then i proceded to tell him if he puts his dog down my dogs wont hurt it, and his dog might learn to behave.

there are a lot of dog owners that need to take their dogs to be trined

i took darwin for some leash training and then for a long walk......

he was walking to heel on his collar beside me sniffing at grass and lamposts when tis little dog ran up to him and started attacking him!!!!!

darwin didnt react at all and i picked the small dog up and away from darwin and held it up to its owner and said 'come and get your dog'

she then screamed 'if you have injured my dog, you will be hearing from my vets!!!!' WTF!!!!!. So i lost my cool and ranted that her dog had attcked darwin and that 'she would be hearing from my vets'....

her response 'yeah but he is bigger' ummmmmmm so!!!!!!!

i walked darwin home and saw that e had a slice on his muzzle where the dog had attacked him!!!!!

if he had defended himself i would have had the police round no doubt........people with little dogs should teach them some manners!!!!!! or i will forget mine and they will get a lot of expletives and harsh names their way

i took darwin for some leash training and then for a long walk......

he was walking to heel on his collar beside me sniffing at grass and lamposts when tis little dog ran up to him and started attacking him!!!!!

darwin didnt react at all and i picked the small dog up and away from darwin and held it up to its owner and said 'come and get your dog'

she then screamed 'if you have injured my dog, you will be hearing from my vets!!!!' WTF!!!!!. So i lost my cool and ranted that her dog had attcked darwin and that 'she would be hearing from my vets'....

her response 'yeah but he is bigger' ummmmmmm so!!!!!!!

i walked darwin home and saw that e had a slice on his muzzle where the dog had attacked him!!!!!

if he had defended himself i would have had the police round no doubt........people with little dogs should teach them some manners!!!!!! or i will forget mine and they will get a lot of expletives and harsh names their way

I bet you're so proud of Darwin for being good :) Too bad it's illegal to just smack some people.

I bet you're so proud of Darwin for being good :) Too bad it's illegal to just smack some people.

i am... he got s big bonio for being good.....if he had reacted it would have been in self defence.....if i had been walking echo then that little dog would have been harmed as she doesnt take any crap from dogs!!!!

hopefully the woman keeps her dog on a lead......prob not though

I get this all the time on walks as im walking past elderly people running scared for no reason i have found the tiny dogs are the most aggressive ones i think a lot due to their owners treating them too much like babies. logan has had a jack Russell come and bite him before but he didnt even flinch and carried on walking if that was the other way around no doubt i would have been reported.

so hard to educate people on huskies when i had just miley nobody cared about her coming and saying hello with logan i feel like im walking with a killer dog the looks i get from people. poor logan just want to play and have friendsbiggrin.gif

Oh I know what those un-educated goofs mean my Kiana is so vicious she'll lick the skin right off your bones and leave your skeleton shaking in the chill wind :P

It's a pain when people react out of ignorance but hey least you can be proud of the fact that YOU know your dog is well behaved. My friend has a pitbull puppy and people are always scarred of him and he doens't even come up to Kiana's chest yet :blink: it's funny as heck to watch people make a wide berth to something so tiny and sweet :D

I do love the looks on peoples faces though when Osh starts roooooing at their dog because she wants to say hi and play. You could swear they've just seen someone beat up an elderly woman in front of them.

Kelly, thats fantastic that darwin did so well ! it's great each and every time our dogs behave themselves and be their usual lovely selves, it really sticks it to all those wankers and their opinions. :lol:

My husband had a pitbull once (in germany), and the reactions you get from other people are really nasty. They all think that just because it's a so called fighting dog, it has to be a monster. But they all either don't know or forget that all the small breeds are way more ready and willing to bite. But yes the damage from a bite of a big dog is usually a bit worse than from a small dog.

The main problems with Huskies that people and other dogs have, are their masks. In Germany I had alot of people asking me if mine was a wolf, just because they had never seen a brown husky before, and I have to admit, if Rusty starts putting his "thinking" face on, he looks quite dangerous. That mask and those icy-blue eyes, it's got something.

I found for myself, that the best way to handle unfriendly people, is to simply be overfriendly with them. Or something I've done once: Go get 'em Rusty.......

Mean, but it gave me a whole day of grinning to myself :D