My Huskies whine and howl when separated

Gt90

Okay so I have 2 Sib's both about 3 months old, one is mine and one is my roommates. They are brother and sister, the problem is if they are separated, even for a few minutes they both will whine and howl and scratch at the door. I'm just wondering if there's any way I can help them learn to be away from each other for a little while?

u need to start by just taking them in to different rooms for 5 mins then build the time up, play with them to take their minds off each other. then let them go back together. they will realize that it's ok to be apart as they will see each other later xxxxxxxx it will take time but just keep building up the time apart xxxxxx

u need to start by just taking them in to different rooms for 5 mins then build the time up, play with them to take their minds off each other. then let them go back together. they will realize that it's ok to be apart as they will see each other later xxxxxxxx it will take time but just keep building up the time apart xxxxxx

lol why didn't I think of that, it's a great idea! Thank you Valkyries :D

This is why it's not recommended to raise two pups together the same time.

I would be keeping them separated as much as possible. Work hard to increase their value for you more than their value for each other. I wouldnt let them run together especially when you arent there.

I currently have two littermates and it's always important to let them socialize and do things on their own so they do not become dependent on each other. Take your pup out for walks on his own, and encourage your roomate to do the same. But don't take the two pups for walks at the same time, or even take the same route for the walk. Make sure they learn how to be independent, that way you're not dealing with bad separation anxiety if you ever move away from your roomate and your pups sibling.