Really worried :-(

slaves to kaya

As most of you will know we currently live in defence housing due to my hubby being in the forces. All pets within the property have to be registered. I have just had a friend around who lives near a couple who had a large number of pomeranians, they were breeding them from the property, which in itself is against the rent agreement as you cannot run a business from defence housing. A complaint has been made to the office regarding the noise these dogs were making and they have come to the decision that they can only keep 2 of them the rest have to be rehomed :o or they have to leave the property altogether. We were unsure if this was because of the business side of it or whether it was the numbers involved. So my friend has phoned the office this morning, without saying who she was, as she has 3 dogs of her own to see if a decision has been made regarding the numbers and they said that because they are the highest grade, therefore the newest etc you are only allowed 2 dogs and 2 cats :( :(

I havent long applied to see if it was possible to have foster dogs in the property as i was hoping to help SHWA out, and was asked to take in a foster the other week but i need to get the ok from defence housing first.

I am now unsure what the outcome of this will be, we are really really worried, as they may insist we rehome 2 dogs and a cat. I dont think there was a limit in this site before this as the houses are sub-let from a private company.

I am now unsure what the outcome of this will be, we are really really worried :unsure:

I'm unsure about the terms but we have defence housing near us and most people don't have pets there.

If you are looking after or fostering dogs I would say its ok.

I would write to the they may say you can do it for so many week/months of the year as long as the dogs are not noisy

i am more worried that we will have to rehome some of ours, as we have 4 dogs and 3 cats :(

just spoken to my husband, he says we will just have to not walk all 4 etc together, and keep a low profile ;) luckily the cats are all house cats now after loosing our cat boog last summer. So they shouldn't be an issue at all.

Luckily the dogs are really well behaved in the garden etc so I cant imagine anyone reporting us. If it comes to it we will have to find a privately rented property that accepts animals :huh:

can you not inform the base and tell them that they are just fosters and have them sign an ageement with the shwa of how many dogs and cats you can foster at any given time?

make everyone happy and in the know....

yeah i would walk yours in two's and hope no one complains

what you are offering to do is brilliant, dont feel bad

kells

i hope it all works out for you x

can you not inform the base and tell them that they are just fosters and have them sign an ageement with the shwa of how many dogs and cats you can foster at any given time?

make everyone happy and in the know....

yeah i would walk yours in two's and hope no one complains

what you are offering to do is brilliant, dont feel bad

kells

i hope it all works out for you x

Hi kells,

Yeah we could do but dont want to draw attention to ourselves at the moment with all this kicking off. The last thing I want is them saying we cant keep our own dogs and cats :(

I am hoping and praying it will all blow over. I cant see how they can make people rehome the animals they already have registered. It is all pretty complicated as the office that keeps the register of animals is not where we live, luckily, so we may be able to keep a low profile. I dont know what we would do if they said we had to rehome them, we would be devastated :( We are praying they wont do anything about existing tennants, and from now on they will stipulate the 2 dog 2 cat rule to new-comers xx

My 2 sends husky hugs. But to be honest if you have registered them and there have been no complaints regarding noise etc then i can not envisage any reasons why they would insist on you reducing your numbers. If you have done what is stated in the tenancy agreement then they are breaking the terms and would become a legal matter. If you have legal cover on your contents insurance etc it may be worth a phone call to hear how you stand legally.

But yes a low profile would be a good idea until it blows over. Sadly as always one person spoils it for many.

Me and hubby had a long chat when he was home at lunchtime as this news about the pomeranians has spread around work too. Definately keeping a low profile from now on, which is a bit of a pain as we usually take all 4 out when hubby comes home lunchtime but they will have to miss that walk now. They should be ok though, they have plenty of excersise at the crack of dawn and late evening when its dark. Not sure what is going to happen come the summer though, we will be trawling the streets at midnight when its dark so nobody can see us. Luckily we keep ourselves to ourselves so fingers crossed we will be ok. I could never choose between them all, even the thought has me welling up and the kids would be in bits :(

As for the agreement I am not sure where we stand as all it states is that we have to register pets. It usually states the number allowed but I think because its sub-let, it doesn't specify. Different camps have different numbers too as I have contacted friends from all over the uk today getting them to find out the number of animals allowed and it differs from camp to camp :blink: from now on we are definately undercover ;)

I may look at rentals around here though just in case, wish me luck, and thanks everyone for all your support, I may be calling on you for a rally outside the MOD shortly :) xx

surely if u had 4 dogs BEFORE this was brought into action then ur safe? they surely cant just turn around n say no 2 have gotta go - it dont matter how long uve had four for? :blink:

To be honest nix, i aint sure, as we havent actually signed anything regarding the pets.

We have just informed them and then they are put on the register. Luckily we moved here over 3 years ago so they may not check past registrations and will hopfully concentrate on future rental agreements. I guess they could always send out new forms with the new numbers included. Not too sure how happy the local dog pound would be though as I now of at least 4 others who have more animals than is being suggested :(