Just a Hi!! :)

Frostypants

Evening All,

Just a hi from me and the pup(Frosty).

Got a white Siberian. He's now 14 weeks old and the star in my eye! First Husky but not my first dog, had a couple of border collies, and at a very young age, something what I can remember looking like a race hound, not too sure though.

Got him at 7 weeks and he adores everyone he meets! After 1 week he was fully crate trained, no accidents inside, always goes to the back door and sits infront waiting for the servant to open it for him, a week later I got him to stop jumping for the handle. And for the past 3 weeks he's slept about 8.5 hours a night in his crate downstairs.

He sit's, stay's(even when his din dins is on the floor infront of him), paw's and is on the verge of accepting the word down! He's also 10x better in the car!

I've got 1 minor issue though, I've checked his eyes every few days and he has been checked at the vets every 2 weeks since he was a pup and there was no issues. But today I've noticed his left pupil isat least half the size of the other. I've read a bit about this possibly being a head trauma, the only time he has hit his head was yesterday at a friends, tried to fly through patio doors as you do! (they are usually open mind) He shook it off at the time and I checked him over, seemed fine. But today I've noticed this. Do you think it could be related?

I'd take him the vets but their shut now so I'll take him tomorrow. If it is anisocoria does anyone know what happens after, as in does he go blind in that eye or affect him in the future? I cannot find a sausage on it, just the causes and to take him the vets if its still there in 24 hours.

Any help is much appreciated!!!

Thanks

Jess & Frosty

Welcome to the Pack Jessica :wave:

We'd love to see pics of Frost, I'm sure he's adorable :wub:

You might want to check out this thread, there was another one with pupils smaller then the other

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/index.php?/topic/15217-pupils-different-sizes/page__p__229922__hl__pupil__fromsearch__1#entry229922

This used to happen to Odin when young one pupil would be realy small, turns out it was just the light catching him in one eye. it's nothing to worry about. it happened alot and took ages to return to normal, i did speak to the vet who checked him over, he's the one that told me about the light xxxxxx

welcome

there are a lot of us in the north west so keep an eye on the 'events' section.....

this sunday we have a meet in heaton park in manchester if you fancy coming- and we also do a lot of meets in a fully enclosed dog park in st helens so we can let them all offlead.

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/index.php?/topic/18770-sunday-20th-feb-lindas-big-50-birthday-walk/

Thanks all :) Still keeping an eye on his eye! Seems to be staying clear, while he munches on a rawhide chew! Me and the other were beside ourselves for a good couple of hours though.

Got the only Sibe out of the litter! 14 pups from 2 mums mostly greys. We shall take over though!!!

I'd love to go to Heaton Park, dad lives near there and always took me and the sisters when we were little especially to get sledging on the hills!! However, dogs not quite comfortable for more than 30 mins in the car so dads not even seen him after 7 weeks.

St Helens may be an option sometime.... will be sure to keep my eyes on the events

x

Do keep an eye on him! I had a dog that hit his head on a kennel gate, and didn't notice the signs of a concussion. It was a rare situation, I'm sure, but he ended up getting an infection in his optic nerve, which went on to become a type of meningitis - a very serious brain infection, and I eventually lost him to it. sad.gif

I'll be sure too! He has a weigh in on Saturday at the vets so I'll get them to check him over.

I don't think I will this weekend. Takes an hour to get there from mine. Don't think Frosty will cope to well with it. I try him with longer journeys every week or so and take him out in the car every 2 days at least. Maybe another time though

x