Bahrain unrest sparks concerns ahead of new F1 season

Sarah

Quote from the BBC news website

Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone remains hopeful the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix in March will go ahead despite unrest in the country.

Three people have been killed and 231 injured during violent anti-government protests held in the region, prompting concerns about the race from F1 teams.

Ecclestone told the BBC: "Our people there say 'it's quiet, no problems'.

"I'm more hopeful today. I hope we don't have to do anything. Let's hope this all blows away."

More to follow.

BBC up date, due to the concerns of meny F1 fans around the world the British Govenment has contacted the people of Bahrain with a stern warning that if the F1 race is cancelled that they will have no option than to send in the SAS yes the SAS :oSarahs Angry Side, that will show them :P

BBC up date, due to the concerns of meny F1 fans around the world the British Govenment has contacted the people of Bahrain with a stern warning that if the F1 race is cancelled that they will have no option than to send in the SAS yes the SAS :o Sarahs Angry Side, that will show them :P

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

th_Jttesur.gif

BBC up date, due to the concerns of meny F1 fans around the world the British Govenment has contacted the people of Bahrain with a stern warning that if the F1 race is cancelled that they will have no option than to send in the SAS yes the SAS :oSarahs Angry Side, that will show them :P

OH MY GOD>>>> that made me laugh so much... .. sorry Sarah im not really laughing about you having an angry side...

OH MY GOD>>>> that made me laugh so much... .. sorry Sarah im not really laughing about you having an angry side...

hey i'm a red head - and you know we have a mean temper! I may need a new husky owners hoodie with "this bitch bites" on the back of it :rofl: