Feeding Yoghurt?

Elyse

I'm wondering if Yoghurt is okay to feed to Suka once in a while? (Small quantities of course.)

I know it's a dairy product and that he's lactose intolerant, but I'm thinking of replacing the peanut butter I put in his Kong with the yoghurt. It might be more healthy for him? Not as damaging to his teeth because of less sugar?

Yogurt is GREAT for them, amazing for their digestive track!

I usually give mine it every night before bed. We give him denta stix for his teeth (not the best, I know) and they tend to make him have runny poos from time so we give him the yogurt after wards.

We give him only plain yogurt, a couple tablespoons.

If he's lactose intolerant, the yogurt may not agree with him, so start with a small amount, and see how it goes. I've long given my guys yogurt, and they love it! Something else to try for runny poop is to toast a piece of bread until it's rather charred - black! Seems to work for a variety of tummy troubles! smile.gif

My guys go absolutely mental for yougurt. I buy them the organic yogurt with fruit, but I get the ones you have to mix the fruit into from the bottom with 60% less sugar. I eat that kind so I buy the same for my dogs. They think since mummy eats them they're being spoilt, even though it's good for them :D:D I'm sneaky like that haha

Molly loves yoghurt especially yoghurt coated banana chips she goes mad for them.

The other half has to try and eat them in secret but if she smells them OMG all hell breaks loose until she gets one.

All you can do is try and see how you got on if it upsets him then go back to the drawing board

Good Luck