More hospital drama :-(

Saffmonster

You may remember my grandma was in hospital a few weeks ago. Well my mum and dad have been living with her (and that's another long story!!) to help her out but one of them caught a bug a couple of weeks ago and they have been passing it back and fourth between themselves ever since :( .

It's been like a hospital ward in her house and I've had to keep away as I didn't want to catch anything (except the odd flying visit to drop off medicine or whatever).

Anyway, my mum is disabled and is on 40 pills a day for various stuff so this bug has made her really weak and she's caught other stuff as a result (chest and urinary infections).

Last night she was walking from one room to the next and doing so by holding onto chairs and doors (she normally walks with a stick) and she somehow fell over. She said she didn't trip, she just collapsed/her legs went weak.

The pain was too bad at first but it started overnight. The pain must have been REALLY bad because my mum has neuropathy (numb feet from diabetes). So my dad called for an ambulance this morning and they took her to hospital. She has been admitted for the infections, been put on a drip and it turns out (after xrays) she has broken her ankle :( .

So, we are back to visiting the hospital everynight again :(

But, on a brighter note, my grandma is almost over the bug and her mobility is MUCH better :D

Cookies or chocolate brownies for anyone who got through that :)

It's so scary when the elderly get a bug or fall over.

They are so frail.

Hugs

hope everything improves. smile.gif

I've just got back from visiting. She's miserable, poor mum :(

The doc came whilst we were there and he said that because she hasn't been keeping down or food or water for several days she's become dehydrated. The dehydration has caused her blood pressure to drop and her kidneys aren't working properly (there are going to do more tests on her kidneys in the next few days). They are keeping her in a few days to make sure she gets rehydrated properly to restore kidney function and so she can rest her broken ankle :(

well you did frighten the life out of me with that text earlier! But I'm glad they know what is wrong & what they need to do to get her on the mend. I have to be watched for kidney function (renal failure) due to the tablets, it ain't fun & is so worrying, so I hope with all my heart she is OK & she can soon just concentrate on mending her broken bones .... big, big hugs, hun, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ye sarah she is 98 and is as grumpy as they come lol she knows its for the best but at 97 she was still careing for her disabled son and then she got a urinary infection which sent her mind loopy then she got better then she fell had a hip op got sent home then got admitted again for some illness which sent her mind again then she was put in a nursein home and is moody and nasty sometimes like were doin it out ov spite and we want her money and no one loves her silly old women but we know now she is safe and well looked after x thanks hun x