The Iditarod will be starting soon!!!

Darc-Brittany

I don't know if anyone else on here is a huge Iditarod fan..? I am! For V-day my boyfriend got me Iditarod Insider!!! It's got soooo many videos on races dating back to 2006. When the race starts it's updated daily with videos of the mushers and their teams, also has gps tracking so I know where everyone is placing <3

Just a few more weeks, STOKED!!

Nope, I missed it as well D:

First year following the Iditarod. I knew of it before but never saw anything on it until I bought Discovery Channel's Toughest Race on Earth (or the world, can't remember). So this year I have been anticipating it :3

I never knew they had such coverage on these events. Before the DVD I knew of the race but I didn't think that there was much coverage on it. Glad I found out about it <3 So happy!

I got Martin's DVD as well :3 He seems like such a sweet guy!! He is from Sweden.... Haha... Terrible joke! XD

Apparently he sings his dogs to sleep, too cute.

DeeDee is just awesome, she cares sooo much for the dogs and doesn't care where she places as long as they are doing well <3

Mackey is just awesome, such a funny character.

I just hope that one of them wins, I'll be so happy if one of them does <33

I don't think there are any Siberian teams running this year. One did run in the Yukon Quest - Mike Ellis of Tsuga Siberians, finished in 8th place! My friend Jill, who lives in Alaska and runs her Sibes wrote me:

Nearly half the teams scratched this year due to hard trail, bad overflow, high winds, and -30 to -50 below temps. Go siberians go!!! Mike Ellis is a very nice man, and cares deeply for his dogs. He is one to watch, and offers the world a fabulous example of siberians being truly competetive sled dogs. The video clips on his blog show dogs who are healthy and happy in their work, still wagging tails all over after hundreds of miles.

http://teamtsuga.com/

I don't think there are any Siberian teams running this year. One did run in the Yukon Quest - Mike Ellis of Tsuga Siberians, finished in 8th place! My friend Jill, who lives in Alaska and runs her Sibes wrote me:

Nearly half the teams scratched this year due to hard trail, bad overflow, high winds, and -30 to -50 below temps. Go siberians go!!! Mike Ellis is a very nice man, and cares deeply for his dogs. He is one to watch, and offers the world a fabulous example of siberians being truly competetive sled dogs. The video clips on his blog show dogs who are healthy and happy in their work, still wagging tails all over after hundreds of miles.

http://teamtsuga.com/

Oh no, there's no sibe teams :( . It's always nice seeing them take off at the ceremonial start..

Thanks for the info gigi, will check out the video now :D

We usually follow Karen(Ramstead) but I don't think she's competing this year. Must ask her why...

And we also sponsor Wattie Macdonald - the mad Scotsman who started the Iditarod last year in a kilt... He was the ONLY musher to finish the race with all 16 dogs that he started with. In his very first Iditarod too. And yes, he's back again this year and still bloody mental.

Good Luck Wattie... biggrin.gif

I have been following Hank DeBruin from the Winterdance kennels on facebook on his prep and his entry into the Quest almost as a warm up to the Idtarod so will be following his progress as well as always the nutty Wattie the scottie! :lol: Love it, would loooooooove to go and watch the start some day.. sigh some day soonish I hope!

We usually follow Karen(Ramstead) but I don't think she's competing this year. Must ask her why...

And we also sponsor Wattie Macdonald - the mad Scotsman who started the Iditarod last year in a kilt... He was the ONLY musher to finish the race with all 16 dogs that he started with. In his very first Iditarod too. And yes, he's back again this year and still bloody mental.

Nigel, do you sponsor Wattie personally or as a group ? I think that is a great idea :)

She had said something on her blog about it; I think it was a financial decision, as it's very expensive to run in an Iditarod. She (and her handler, Richard - who is from the UK) have been running in smaller, more local races this winter.

I have never seen it before but will definately be marking it on my calendar so i dont miss it, cant wait!!

Is the only way to view online? :unsure:

You might catch an occasional blurb on it somewhere, but unless you're living in Alaska (or maybe parts of Canada), I doubt you'll see much coverage on TV. I'm not aware of any channels outside of Alaska that routinely cover it, anyway. sad.gif

Judy Currier used to run Siberians, and I think may have a couple of them on her team yet - she's since switched to Alaskans, since they're faster.