new owner

Kirbysowner

Hello everyone,

My wife and I just adopted our 7 month old husky from a rescue shelter. We went through hell just to get him because he was about 10 cities away, but it was worth it in the end. He is neutered, and has a unique pattern of color, at least I have never seen such pattern on a husky before. The dog is crazy and at times too full of energy.

[ATTACH]7967.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7966.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7965.IPB[/ATTACH]

post-3513-13585961595769_thumb.jpg

post-3513-13585961598358_thumb.jpg

post-3513-13585961599861_thumb.jpg

Welcome to you all! I assume that is Kirby? He's lovely! I would consider him black and white with a large "shawl" pattern - not quite enough white, in my opinion, to consider him piebald. wink.gif

We're a very friendly group - have a look around the forum, and if you have any questions, ask away! smile.gif

My bad, his name is Kirby because he is a fluffy ball fun, just like Kirby (Yes I like video games)

@SidNTX" shawl, piebald? I didn't know there were names for patterns. I'll try to post a pic of his back tomorrow, but sometimes his colors are deceiving because you can make some parts look black or white depending on how you brush his coat.

Welcome to the pack :wave: Kirby is gorgeous, looks like pinto or piebald to me :)

he seems to be closest to piebald type according to the pictures. My question' date=' then, would be, how do you call them if you shave their hair?[/quote']

you don't shave a husky, so a shaved husky would be called someone who doesn't know the breed and is hurting their animal

welcome to the pack - soon as i saw him i thought saddle back tbh but then i dont really research into breed colours that much i just know the basics - whereas sutsibe knows a hell of a lot so i would go with her suggestion hes has a shawl type pattern

anyway hes gorgeous :)

Welcome to Husky-Owners. Good for you, taking Kirby into your family and giving him another chance at life. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Exercise will go a long way to calm most Huskies. We are fortunate to have a large fenced yard for Zoya, and she runs, digs, hunts, and plays quite a bit. On days when it's a mess outside, and she remains inside, the pent up energy is very noticeable.

Enjoy Kirby.

Well done on adopting Kirby.

He sure is a handsome young man. biggrin.gif

Good job on going so far out of your way to get him smile.gif

If you need any help and advice just shout,

Coz Huskies ain't like any other dog on the planet.ohmy.gif

join in the fun too, we're to help but we like to have fun and share other stuff too. biggrin.gif