What do you do

Stormy

When you walk multiple dogs? I'm struggling walking my two which is making the walks not enjoyable for me! One: I find it hard when they decide to cross over resulting in my arms being crossed. Two: shadow pulls like a nutter and Logan only pulls at times

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hiya Storm, we have walking belts and police training leads which are both the same length, when I have Odin who just pulls and Thor who just trotts along I have more control over them as my hands are free, and im not having my arms pulled from there sockets :D :D

When my husband takes our two out on his own for a run he uses one lead with the bungee attachment at the bottom of the lead which has two short leads - they are too short for them to get entangled and also forces Micah to walk/run at Ozzy's pace (she is much faster than him) :)

To walk our 3 together we connect our leads together. biggrin.gif

We bought 3 Karabiners from Go Outdoors

170524_633778989532812500891847858.jpg

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/wild-country-nitro-wire-gate-p92980

and connected them like this

P1050161.jpg

P1050160.jpg

They are quick and easy to unclip, and you can hold them all in one hand when you need to.because essentially you have one long lead. biggrin.gif

Have replied on Facebook Nic :) I could walk them separately but I would prefer to walk them both together Logan wears I think it's called a halti the one that goes over his muzzle? He's a dream to walk shadow I'm still working on so far nothing is working I walk them in the morning my boyfriend walks them after work he just has Logan on the coller shadow wears a harness we tried the no pull harness but it's a real pain to put on he wears an ezydog harness now kn the coller he just chokes himself all the time

Just going to add my two cents here. We bought the bungee leash and Jackson thought it was license to pull even more, and he stretched out farther than we thought it could go. Never hooked them up together, and ended up returning it. When I walk them by myself, which isn't often lately due to the weather, I hold each on a lead in each hand. The leads have traffic loops at the end, so if need be I can shorten them up. We tied up a short loop to our leather leashes and now have the nylon ones, allowing them much more length, which they like. Andy trots, Jackson just pulls 3/4 of the walk and then slows down and is an angel when we are almost home. We gave up on the canny because he kept trying to get it off, but if it works with one of yours, try it on the other, Andy never needed it. Just thought I'd mention that the coupler lead or the bungee may not make it better, but is definitely worth a shot. [ATTACH]7994.IPB[/ATTACH] You can see the loops at the collar that we tied off.

post-2509-13585961681906_thumb.jpg