Rule Reminder!

Sarah

Following on from this thread - http://www.husky-own...829#entry295829

A member has basically been scammed unfortunately through a dog being advertised on here for monetary value

We have the following rule in place for a reason:

6.01 -The advertising of any animals for sale, whether directly or indirectly is strictly prohibited. This includes donations, recouping of costs etc toward the obtaining of an animal in any way shape or form

And this is the sad reason why.

Someone posted up this dog was in need of a home but someone wanted money for them and now the dog is in danger of doing harm to other animals through no fault of the new owners can I point out.

We have had a lot of problems with people thinking we made the wrong decision in enforcing this rule - I hope finally everyone now understands why animals will NEVER be sold on here.

This is such a sad reason why it has to be enforced but please can people understand and respect these rules. I'm upset that the person involved has lost money due to paying for a dog found through my web site - it WILL NOT happen again

:(

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Sixpence, is sad though

it is sad :( I'd love to advertise every re home on here to help as much as we can but it's a nightmare to moderate - you can't say yes to some and no to others :( We can however point people in the direction of reputable rescues.

On the other side of the coin - that's not what this site was created for - we are not a re home centre, just a fun family forum, but we all care deeply about the breed and each other and so we try and accommodate as best we can x

On other sites some have put recurring messages up maybe once a week about issues like this, maybe it would be an idea to have a message come up every so often saying that selling dogs is not allowed on this forum.

I hate people that scam others, and agree with need to stamp this out if it is happening via this forum. I can understand how upset you must be Sarah, when this happens especially as you all set this site up with the best intentions.

I dont see the need for a recurring message or even a sticky thread, everyone knows the rules because everyone had to agree to them or they wouldnt be able to view the forum.

Yes but people who are signing up to scam genrally don't read the T&Cs.. But then again they probably wouldn't read a sticky either.. You are right though.

Sadly people aren't honest which is why I feel that a full dog assessment is required which is why I wouldn't do a private rehome. I'm sure this dog was advertised for free. Can't mark out my suggestion I to place whereby the post is authorised before submitted??

I'm going to chase Marc up on that one Claire as it's a great idea :)

Sadly people aren't honest which is why I feel that a full dog assessment is required which is why I wouldn't do a private rehome. I'm sure this dog was advertised for free. Can't mark out my suggestion I to place whereby the post is authorised before submitted??

This is being sorted ... Im in the process of ensuring we have the tools available for the staff to be able to moderate & authorise them effectively.

Not a clue to be honest ... Dont read as much as the rest of you. However the point remains the same. Somewhere the person who sold this husky was trusted and that could easily have been our site even if it wasn't. This is why the rule is there in the first place. As Sarah said, we're not a site for people to look for huskies. We are a site for people with them who want to meet others who have them also. It was set up like this from the very beginning and this is how it will stay.