TOTW - how much is a cup (weight)??

slaves to kaya

Not sure what you're going by to figure out how much to reduce it - can you figure it out with math/fractions? Feed "X" amount - say 1/4 less - for example, by whatever instructions you're going by? Sorry, we just use cup measures here in the US - much easier than weighing it! rolleyes.gif

(I would think my less active guys who are spayed/neutered would get around 3/4 - 1 cup, twice a day, if that is any help...)

Not sure what you're going by to figure out how much to reduce it - can you figure it out with math/fractions? Feed "X" amount - say 1/4 less - for example, by whatever instructions you're going by? Sorry, we just use cup measures here in the US - much easier than weighing it! rolleyes.gif

Hi

I am a bit confused myself to be honest. the taste of the wild bag says cups only, but how big is a cup???

Our boys are gaining weight, although spirit is looking better now, but kaya is loosing, so trying to see if we are feeding her enough for her age and weight. we have been giving her 100g x 2 a day with a sardine mashed in and she weighs 18kg :blink:

(I would think my less active guys who are spayed/neutered would get around 3/4 - 1 cup, twice a day, if that is any help...)

do you know approx how much your cup is in onces? then I can gauge how much she is supposed to be having, thanks so much for your help

Sorry peeps but you are getting confused.

A CUP (american measure) is a measure of Volume NOT weight.blink.gif

I have a set of measuring cups which have US and UK measurements. smile.gif

So 1 Cup = 250ml

(the same Volume of Kibble will weigh much less than the same volume of chicken or tinned meat.)unsure.gif

I have just weighed 1 cup of Barking Heads Kibble

(making a very loose assumption that most kibble will weigh the same)tongue.gif

and

1 cup of kibble = 125 grams

Hope this helps.biggrin.gif

Sorry peeps but you are getting confused.

A CUP (american measure) is a measure of Volume NOT weight.blink.gif

I have a set of measuring cups which have US and UK measurements. smile.gif

So 1 Cup = 250ml

(the same Volume of Kibble will weigh much less than the same volume of chicken or tinned meat.)unsure.gif

I have just weighed 1 cup of Barking Heads Kibble

(making a very loose assumption that most kibble will weigh the same)tongue.gif

and

1 cup of kibble = 125 grams

Hope this helps.biggrin.gif

awwww thanks peeps, what would I do without you :lol: