What are you reading right now?

BingBlaze n Skyla

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone read No Time for Goodbye by Linwood Barclay? Thats a really good book.

Synopsis:

One night, when Cynthia Archer was 14 years old, her family disappeared. Now, 25 years later, she’s about to learn what happened to her mother, father brother, and she might be better off never finding out.

I found The Host quite easy to get into - maybe I am strange :P anyways did you know its being made into a film :D

yeh ur strange ;) but omg yay :P lol

Has anyone read No Time for Goodbye by Linwood Barclay? Thats a really good book.

Synopsis:

One night, when Cynthia Archer was 14 years old, her family disappeared. Now, 25 years later, she’s about to learn what happened to her mother, father brother, and she might be better off never finding out.

that sounds really good - will have 2 get that

I'm reading the 8th installment of the House of Night Series, Awakened, by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast. Their books are addicting! I also read Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series, Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series, Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld series. I really love paranormal romance :D

This thread. DOH!

Haha was totally going to come in here and post that. Well played!

Reading some Kid-lit - The Lightning Thief, by Rick Riordan. Just started it, so I'm not sure how well I'll like it. I like the Harry Potter books a bit better for style, at least so far, but I can see how kids would really like the writing style (which is what I'm not sure I like)...

Let me know if the book was any good! Saw the movie in the theater and gave it a 2nd go on TV, but didn't really care for it either time. It's no Harry Potter, that's for sure!

oI don't read much anymore, college ruined that for me, but the most recent book I finished other than the Twilight series (so lame) was World War Z by Max Brooks (Mel Brook's son!). One of my favorite books and I heard they're making it into a film! Huzzah!

WOW, that's a lot of reading Taylor! My brother reads quite a bit but I just never have been able to.

Lol, my mom and I are bookworms! Between the two of us we own more than 550 books, about $6000.00 in literature in our collection. Most of the books are series ones as well, like Gena Showalter, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Laurell K. Hamilton, Anne Rice, Anne Rule, James Patterson, Stephen King, Karin Slaughter, Heather Graham. Those are a few of our favourites :D

Lol, my mom and I are bookworms! Between the two of us we own more than 550 books, about $6000.00 in literature in our collection. Most of the books are series ones as well, like Gena Showalter, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Laurell K. Hamilton, Anne Rice, Anne Rule, James Patterson, Stephen King, Karin Slaughter, Heather Graham. Those are a few of our favourites :D

Glad to know I am not alone, I also have hundreds of books :lol: My husband refused to buy/make another bookshelf as we have no more space, so I started passing them on to my daughter and filled hers for her :lol: He has now bought me a kindle - which is fantastic, but nothing beats a bookshelf filled to overflowing with books :)

Let me know if the book was any good! Saw the movie in the theater and gave it a 2nd go on TV, but didn't really care for it either time. It's no Harry Potter, that's for sure!

I will try to - I need to finish up some things for my class by the end of the weekend (really need to spend less time here the next couple of days! sad.gif), so won't get to reading it much for a while.

I agree, Rosemary and Taylor - books are awesome! They can take you anywhere your imagination is willing to go - anywhere or when in the world, even other worlds! I also have a large library, both fiction and non-fiction.

Anyone enjoy reading C. J. Cherryh's sci-fi / fantasy books? My favorites are "Cyteen" and "Regenesis", which look at cloning and the relationship between nature and nurture. The first time I tried reading "Cyteen", I gave up before I got very far in, but when I went back to it and persevered past the intro to background info, I loved it! It's one I've re-read a number of times. She is a linguist, an archaeologist, a historian, and I don't recall what else, but is meticulous in her planning. Most of her books/series are very fast paced and action packed, but there's a LOT of food for thought! smile.gif

To me reading is almost as important as breathing. I usually have a few books on the go at any one time. At the moment:

Neil Gaiman - Fragile Things

Guillermo Del Toro & Chuck Hogan - The Strain

Neil Gaiman - Stardust

Michelle Paver - Dark Matter

Charles Dickens - The Mystery of Edwin Drood

Dan Simmons - Drood

Mick

I'm reading the 8th installment of the House of Night Series, Awakened, by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast. Their books are addicting! I also read Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series, Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series, Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld series. I really love paranormal romance :D

These sound good - will have to investigate them :D