I hate stupidity!!!

Arooroomom

I work at a kennel and we have a groomer on site 6 days a week. This woman comes in today with an appointment for her 2 Miniature Schnauzers (male and female) she had the male before, but has just recently gotten the female. She's talking to the groomer and when he leaves she comes back to me quickly and says "Oh, just so you know... the female may be pregnant. She was in heat and well.. you know what happens!" She laughed and walked out. I wanted to smack the crap out of her! So I went back into the grooming room to tell our groomer to "be gentle" and I saw the female in question (had not seen her yet.) She's not even a well bred Schnauzer! I seriously would NOT have been able to tell this dog was a Schnauzer unless someone told me! Seriously, this is why the US really pushes spay/neuter... because of morons like this! Ugh after seeing this pretty much daily you'd think i'd get used to it... NOT.

And then I went to sign up for my gym membership and I had to stop at Petco on the way home for cat food. I'm walking around the store and I see they have a new electric fence section. The first package I see has a picture of a Siberian Husky wearing the collar that goes with the fencing. "For the most troublesome breeds"

angry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

How many people are going to see that and think they've found the freaking answer to their prayers?!? UGH! Seriously I wanted to kick the whole thing down! But had to settle for swearing loudly and turning all the boxes the opposite direction so no one would see. Just what we need... more people thinking they're going to "outsmart" their Huskies with an electric fence.

/rant

And then I went to sign up for my gym membership and I had to stop at Petco on the way home for cat food. I'm walking around the store and I see they have a new electric fence section. The first package I see has a picture of a Siberian Husky wearing the collar that goes with the fencing. "For the most troublesome breeds"

/rant

Unbelievable, we should ALL write, email and phone the company involved over and over again about the breed, blinking idiots, they obviously know nothing about our furbabies :angry:

. Just what we need... more people thinking they're going to "outsmart" their Huskies with an electric fence.

/rant

LMAO If I got one of those, I'd come home the next day to Darwin had rewired it to my metal bedframe. biggrin.gif

people and their misconceptions.....what can you do? most people can't even tell what a siberian husky looks like, but they are quick to judge your dog when you tell them it's a husky just because they have heard a lot of bad stuff. Some people even run away from my puppy thinking he's gonna bite, when all he wants is sniff you and maybe lick your hand to see if you have treats....and if you feel some teeth don't freak out!!!! dogs' mouths have teeth people!!! doesn't mean they will bite you. I vote for passing a law that requires stupid people to wear shock collars every time they do something stupid like creating an electric fence for dogs.

While I know e.fences don't really work on huskies , my breeder used them for his dogs successfully. I think in his case it was the combination of training with the boundary system.

My parents have a German Shepard/Lab mix, I guarantee he would just walk right through it like nothing was there. I would never use one for my Husky or any dog for that matter.....same with those collars that are supposed to go off when your dog barks. Those collars are a joke just like the electric fence. Electric fences I guess are for people that think their yard would look bad with a fence and dont have a dog bigger then a chihuahua.