Diesel Shepherd/Husky

aronoiiel

Due to some pretty dramatic issues I was not able to get a puppy that I wanted for Kiana to have as a companion. This of course something that has really made me depressed and I've been quite upset for days. My dear roomates and close friend apparently teamed up and dragged me off to the humane society today; of course I thought we were headed to the dog park :rolleyes: I got my camera and was ready to see my husky in our brief snow fall but bam we head up to some strange building. Low and behold we went in and walked back to the dogs. At this point I was confused and a bit overwhelmed as had settled on not getting a dog for some years to come thanks to a few things happening. Well we looked at several sad and stunning dogs. One Malamois pup really caught my eye as did a stunning husky girl. But as we moved on down this gorgeous boy caught my eye all alone in his kennel. So calm and surrendered for "high energy" I figured hey lets check him out. His first owners had him from 8 wks to 16 months and felt he was to high energy. The second owners had him for 2 days and gave him back :( I decided to go in the kennel and see how he was. He has just been neutered and is recovering from round and hookworms so he is very very skinny and low energy at the moment but wonderfully tempered thus far. I decided, since I brought Kiana thinking we were going to the dog park, and brought her in for a meet and greet. She tried to play at first and he just stood there and so she gave up then they sniffed around and gave each other lots of kisses. So far so good we took him. Several hours later they still kiss often and are now pretty relaxed. He's still slowly checking stuff out and I'm sure he is still hurting from his neuter but so far shares his water great. He won't eat yet but that's understandable given everything he's been through in such a short time. He goes in for a vet check Sunday to finish up his worm treatment and make sure there's no other major health concerns and to get a good food regimen going for him but so far everything is going great. Here's my surprise gift from some pretty awesome friends :)

gallery_1148_1269_73503.jpg

gallery_1148_1269_1402039.jpg

gallery_1148_1269_1785168.jpg

gallery_1148_1269_1401223.jpg

What a handsome boy. biggrin.gif

What's his name ??

Well done for choosing him smile.gif

EDIT DOH !!! How about reading the title of the thread properly. . Diesel. . LMAO