Kong Wobbler

Cassandra & Honey

Just bought Ocea a Kong Wobbler earlier today.

kongwobbler.jpg

I have to say this is a fantastic toy. She has to work to get the treat out, so it's both fun and a tiny bit of a mental work out. :)

The top screws off the bottom section which has the weight in it, when the two pieces are apart you can fill it with what ever treats your dog fancies.

The good thing about it is it's pretty darn solid and because of the shape and the weight she can't get a good hold of it to chew it to pieces haha.

Really liking this toy! She's been playing with it for over an hour now and is busy yelling at it and pouncing around and kicking it.

I still haven't found my camera charger, so i can't take a video of her playing :( .. such a shame, she looks so cute too !!

I really recommend everyone getting one! haha

:D

I was going to wait and buy it over Ebay because it's cheaper, but saw it in the store today and thought bugger it and bought one. The price in store is pretty ridonkulous. When they were first in the pet supply places i remember seeing them for about $50 , i got mine today for around $40 i think. Stupid price, but it's a good toy and will last.

It's so funny looking, looks like a big bee hive :lol:

HEY CASS!

i got one of these for lola befre we got her... and she has never bothered with it. she wont play with it at all. if you kick it across the kitchen and a bit falls out. then she will eat it, and she has established that food comes out of it, and that it contains food but not that she has to play with it so she doesnt.

was gonna try putting some nice quality peanut butter inside see if she pays more attention to it when it smells like peanut butter. as they are quite expensive for what they are and it seems a bit of a waste if it never gets touched.

i saw the video for them on the kong website and it just looked like the best thing since sliced bread and cos me and pete work and i didnt know at the time what lolas temprement was like i thought it would be a good way to stop her chewing from boredom or to keep her entertained in a crate.

ironically she desnt need a crate either cos she is so well behaved but im glad i purchased them just incase.

however lola goes against every nature of a husky classically so i do think they are great ...and if yur dog doesnt like it... they are good fun to kick around yourself!

going to take her to the vets soon, she needs her claws clipping and her doggy booster and kennel cough shot before we go on holiday (end of may) and put her in kennels for 4 days.

i was going to see if they could give me a rough guess of her age while we are there cos she acts a lot older than we were told she was.

I BROUGHT MINE FROM PETS AT HOME - IT WAS £16 I THINK FOR THE WOBBLER

THEY DO INDESTRUCTABLE ONES TOO BUT THE SMALLER ONES ARENT RECOMENDED FOR HUSKIES

IF YOU GOOGLE KONG THEY HAVE THEIR OWN WEBSITE WITH VIDOES, TRAINING GUIDES AND A SIZE/MODEL GUIDE TO SUIT YOUR DOG BREEDS.

THEY ALSO HAVE RECIPE IDEAS FOR YOU TO TRY AS FILLINGS

PERSNALLY I THINK ITS A GREAT IDEA IF YOUR DOG CAN BE BOTHERED WITH THEM,

I bought my brother one for his dogs for Xmas, but they are terrified of it! LOL. I believe it's because they were trained with a shake can when younger, and the wobbler sounds like the shake cans! Poor furbabies haha. I'm sure they'll get used to it eventually, but I was disappointed they weren't thrilled! Definitely want to get one for my pup! :)

HEY CASS!

i got one of these for lola befre we got her... and she has never bothered with it. she wont play with it at all. if you kick it across the kitchen and a bit falls out. then she will eat it, and she has established that food comes out of it, and that it contains food but not that she has to play with it so she doesnt.

was gonna try putting some nice quality peanut butter inside see if she pays more attention to it when it smells like peanut butter. as they are quite expensive for what they are and it seems a bit of a waste if it never gets touched.

i saw the video for them on the kong website and it just looked like the best thing since sliced bread and cos me and pete work and i didnt know at the time what lolas temprement was like i thought it would be a good way to stop her chewing from boredom or to keep her entertained in a crate.

ironically she desnt need a crate either cos she is so well behaved but im glad i purchased them just incase.

however lola goes against every nature of a husky classically so i do think they are great ...and if yur dog doesnt like it... they are good fun to kick around yourself!

going to take her to the vets soon, she needs her claws clipping and her doggy booster and kennel cough shot before we go on holiday (end of may) and put her in kennels for 4 days.

i was going to see if they could give me a rough guess of her age while we are there cos she acts a lot older than we were told she was.

Awwh hahaha lauren!!

You'll find a good toy or something one day that brings out the excitable husky in her!

Maybe try cooking up some sausage or chicken and cutting it up into little pieces for the wobbler?

Maybe because she is so calm she can't be bothered to be curious about it? You could try letting her eat treats out of it when it's screwed open with the top off? that way she gets to know whats inside, then put the top back on?

Thats great she doesn't need a crate. Did her last owners say she was always this calm with them?

I keep thinking that one day soon you're going to wake up and BAM! she's a nutso husky haha

:D

lol cass that would be awesome. will try that see if it works... got her a mini rubber kong today too. stuffed it full of peanut butter... STILL ZIP i thought it would be a more resiliant toy for her as she is getting through tennis balls like nobodies buisness! she likes it when its empty cos its real bouncy but as soon as there is food stuffs involved she turns a blind eye.

Zoya loves her Wobbler! I put a handful of her kibble in it and she goes nuts rolling and pushing it around to get it to come out. :lol: It's great mental stimulation for her. It's large enough that she can't get her mouth around it to pick it up and heavy enough that it doesn't roll around too easily. It's also a much harder material than the regular Kong toys. It's supposed to be pretty durable. So far, Zoya hasn't been able to put so much as a scratch on it. I always put it away after she's emptied it. That way she knows she's in for a special treat when she see's me get it out. It's definitely one of the best investments I've ever made in dog toys.