Being sick & not eating

flashbax

Good morning all.

Since yesterday Siber has been sick now 3 times and has not touched any food.

He is drinking water but really is'nt him self at all. He has a bad habbit of eating things on the floor all the time, He is on a extending lead so I cant watch everything he sniffs at.

He is on pureena beta prebiotic for large puppys.

Going to ring the vet if he carrys on being ill today. I hope he has just eaten something thats upset his stomach :(

So sorry your pup is feeling ill, my 3 month old pup is the same and "tries" to eat everything in sight, seeing as he has been sick 3 times already, maybe have a word with the vet, you didnt say how old your pup was, but pups can get dehydrated very quicky even if drinking water, some vets will also give a "anti sickness" shot to settle their tummys, i would call the vet, just to be on the safe side :)

Oops, just re-read and saw that you mentioned the vet

When you are walking Siber you need to look around as you walk and looking for things they might pick up, and pull them away before they pick it up.

You need to make sure they don't pick up rubbish and if they do pull it out of their mouth.

Agreed, with Ko he has 99% got the "leave" command, i use this command all the time with him when were over the fields, the 1% he dosent leave, i just put my hand in his mouth and take out what ever he has in there

He just yawned and my god his breath is very very bad, more so than normal :(

Bad breath is usually a sign of bad teeth etc, can you look inside his mouth and see if you can see anything, and look down his throat too, he might be beeing sick if something is stuck down there, has he been coughing at all, like he is trying to bring something up?

Noel the best thing you can do is starve Siber for 24 hrs, do not try him with anything, not even a treat. Just make sure he has plenty of water. What you find, as huskies can have sensitive tums, if they eat anything that doesn't agree with their system, they react like Siber is. It is likely he's eaten something nasty. If he is drinking & acting "normal" in every other way, I would stay off food for 24 hrs & try him with some bland food (cooked chicken meat, boiled rice) after that. Obviously if he is majorly different to normal, seek medical advice for him.

Hope he's back to normal soon, x

I've just posted this on Storm-Boi's thread but it might apply here too.

Have you checked the plants in your garden. Quite a few common one which we take for granted are toxic to dogs.

Have a look at the list see if there is anything he might have had a curious nibble on.

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7829-hazardous-plants/page__p__103495__hl__plants__fromsearch__1#entry103495

Google images if you're not sure what they look like.

Hope he gets better soon.

Just got back from vets.

He has gastroentroitus its nothing to bad if we can cure it now, we have pills and medicine.

Just had to squirt some liquid down his throat and that was fun, NOT and make him eat half a pill but its gonna make him better all being well.

Thanks everyone for the advice its a god send this forum with some really helpfull people :)