Living Dangerously!

elenamarie

Looks like Sarah was just figuring out WHERE to did DIG.

Mmmmmmm Chicken.

Pteeeuuwww feathers. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

oooh boy are you gunna need to re-inforce that chicken coop when she gets much older! My friend also keeps chickens and has a much bigger garden than mine so we're over there alot, well the dogs were in the garden and we poped into the kitchen to make a cuppa and in the 2 minutes we were in there my littlest had pryed her way into the back pannel of the chicken coop and was trying to catch herself some tasty chicken! If we hadnt heard some very distressed chicken noises and run out there she would have had the lot!

Anyway just keep your eye on her when shes around that coop! LOL :lol:

Oh, I am definitely going to have to separate Sarah from the hens with some concrete and heavy gauge wire! She already play stalks them and I haven't been able to break her of that. I live on an acre and the hens are on one side. Sarah's run is going to be built on the opposite side! We are planning to build a miniature Fort Knox but for the time being she goes outside to play in the kids' old playground which abuts the hens' run. I have to be out here with her constantly, since the fence is low and the hens are right there.

I know chickens aren't the smartest of God's creatures but I thought they were smart enough to give Sarah a wide berth. Apparently not!