Food Question.

Murph

Hi all,

I was thinking about putting Kodi on Taste of the Wild food as it seems to get good reviews, has decent ingredients and generally looks like one of the better foods out there.

The only thing I noticed is that it doesnt seem to have any MSM/Chondroitin in it?

Do people who feed this food supplement itw ith something for joints?

Because I run Kodi I want to look after her joints.

I'll have to get it from zooplus.co.uk as its not available in Ireland, so just out of interest are there any other foods available in the UK of similar quality to TOTW that you would recommend?

At the moment my budget just can't stretch to getting Orijen for her. So thats why I was looking at totw.

Thanks in advance :)

I use human grade MSM supplements for my dogs. I feed raw so I don't need to worry much about the glucosamin/chondroitin as they're getting bone calcium as well as tendons and such with the bone-in meats. The only thing I supplement with is Omega 3 fish oils (which actually help with joints) as well as vitamin E for the coat.

For Cheyenne I do give her flexi-cose (a glucosamine/chondroitin supplement) since she doesn't eat full raw like the others. I, although, have read many studies that pretty much dismiss the glucosamine/chondroitin stupplement as being as effective as a placebo. Not sure if i'll keep giving it.

You could suppliment with human grade gloucosamine chondrotine which is almost completely identical to any dog supliments you can buy and you can get it from wilikinsons (do you have Wiko is Ireland???) or any other place that sells supliments.. its not VERY expensive to get hold of and if you run her it is a good idea for good cartalidge regeneration. :)

elenamarie, you wont get chondroitin from eating bones its something you would need to supliment seperatly and is not a bad idea to look into for a fast growing pup but its not essential. :)

I feed quest, high quality and a fair few supplimemts, incl. Msm and glucosamine

havent got a direct link as im on my fone, but i think its something like www.quest-dog-food.co.uk

its cheap too, only £34 delivered (ireland may be a bit more, but a 15kg bag is only £24)

1 bag lasts a month for 2 dogs

Thanks so much for the replies guys! Much appreciated!

Still trying to decide whether I should put her on totw and supplement it or just try a food that has everything in it. I want to give her the best possible food that I can afford.