sick puppy help ?!

Jamo

myshka has constantly been sick for about 1 and a half hours my mum and stepdad went out for a meal and left the babysitter looking after the dogs and my lil bro while i went round to my nanas house and according to them they bought a bargain bucket from KFC so like 10 pieces of chicken with the bones aswell loads of chips etc.. and they decided to give the remains to nanuk and myshka (idiotsangry.gif) nanuk is fine but myshka is constantly coughing up flem and the odd bit of chip and she looks soo sad her eyes are really drowsy and she doesnt look well at all we think maybe shes swallowed a bone or something and got it stuck but we dont no help anyone please ??

Look into her mouth/throat, do you see any foreign objects? Is she lethargic (just laying around, disinterested in everything)? Has she puked at all? If you answered yes to any of these questions, she most likely has swallowed a chicken bone or several.

Here's someone in a similar situation (KFC chicken to boot), maybe this can help:

http://dogs.thefuntimesguide.com/2006/05/dog_ate_chicken_bones.php

Unfortunately there's not much you can do other than monitor her behaviour over the next day/night, and take her to the vet if needed.

Hope everything's okay! :(

cooked chicken bones should never be given to a dog. they can splinter and damage their insides when they pass through. monitor her pooping as well. you may well need to seek a vet

KFC is **** food for humans let alone dogs and pups. it is totally loaded with salt and fat. totally not suitable (I know it was the remains but still totally unsuitable), please educate your family so this doesnt happen again.

hope she recovers

claire you make it sound like it is tom's fault.

apologies if it came across like that, it wasnt the intention. which is why i said 'please educate your family' as they may not know that cooked bones can be given to dogs. it needs to be clear as a cooked bone can kill a dog especially a puppy so being rather direct is important on such an important matter

Dog food and dog treats are sold for a reason :angry: I wouldn't be using those baby sitters again if I were you! Make sure you get their details and if poor Myshka gets any worse insist they pay the vets bills dry.gif I agree with what's been said above; keep an eye on her and if she gets any worse get her to a vet. Really hope she gets well soon, poor puppy :(

Hows she doing now Tom any better?

Is she still drinking water? etc? If shes been sick alot you need to make sure she keeps drinking so she doesnt get dehydrated. Poor girl, hope shes better this morning.

As Steph said I'd be giving the vet bill to the idiot babysitter.. KFC isnt really good for PEOPLE let alone dogs and you would think that would be common sence to the silly girl! :blink:

sorry not been on in a while to update shes fine now and yeah it wernt me or any of our family who did it we know what they can and cant have it was the stupid babysitter lol and apparently her boyfriend who was with her aswell trains police dogs so i thought he would of known that you dont give dogs that the idiot laugh.giftongue.gif