My poor Diesel please please spare a thought and prayer for him :(

aronoiiel

We've had him two days and already I'm in tears and in fear for his life :( Besides being severely underweight his scrotum is the size of a softball and is extremely red/purple. He is bleeding into his scrotum from his neuter and it will most likely the sacs need to be removed at this point in time. He has a terrible time trying to lie down and often will sleep on his feet until he almost falls over. We went today and got his wellness done and he went through tons of testing and thankfully all the main diseases like Parvo are not present so that's a HUGE relief. However, the vet strongly believes his current state is far from being just hook and whip worms. He may have Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency which is NOT going to be good :( Basically his pancreas may not be producing enzymes to digest fats, carbs, and proteins. I'm so incredibly worried not once did he show any anger or aggression or anything to all he was put through today. He's in such excruciating pain on his backside and he didn't even curl a lip. I'm sickened he was allowed to come to this condition and worried to death we can't bring him back :( He's such a sweetheart it's just not fair. We are going to the humane society tomorrow to see if they will pay for his surgery to remove the sacs as it is their neuter procedure that caused it. I really hope they do if not it's going to be damned hard to come up with that much money but god willing I will find some way to do this. Anyway sorry for the rant but please keep him in your thoughts I know you guys will he is now on pain killers and two antibiotics as well as an anti-inflammatory so he's going to be a drug head for the next couple weeks lol. I'm sooo glad we got something for the pain it's just torture to watch your pet not be able to do something so simple as lay down and feel they have to sleep on their feet to escape the agony :(

gallery_1148_1269_1615070.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone. Rosemary everyone so far seems to agree since it's a complication from their surgery they should cover it and I really hope they let the vet we had him checked out at do it I really love that place they do such a wonderful job there. He said it's a complication that 2 out of 10 neuters can have which is why they usually prefer to just remove the sacs all together I can't fathom why the humane society wouldn't but who knows. He's totally zonked out poor boy every time he'd get comfortable enough to rest there they'd come in and either move him or shove something in his butt :(

Oh God Tif thats awful! ANd Yeah the rescue REALLY need to foot that bill but if they dont let us know, like Rosemary said we'll help any way we can!!

Will keep you all in my thoughts and hope he gets some rest as that will help give him the strength to heal up and pull through, he seems like such a sweet boy! Huge hugs all round and really gentle calming hugs for our New D!