aronoiiel

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that he's feeling better soon!

If he's still not able to rest and you want to sedate him a little, see if your vet will prescribe some acepromazine tablets. I'll warn you, though, if you give him a full 10mg tablet (which is the dose for a 40# dog, as I recall!), he's likely to go completely out for about 12 or so hours! When I wanted to make sure Shad was quiet while I subbed when he was so sick, I'd give him 1/4 of a pill, and it was enough to keep him quiet (he's about 65 lbs). He still gets one at night, so I know he's getting a good night's sleep, and I can sleep better, not worrying about him.

Y'know, i'd ask for a retest on the panceas once the infections and neuter complications are resolved. Sometimes serious infections and stress throw the entire body out of whack. Just a possibility.

That's what the vet suggested as well after we get this initial problem under control. Great idea though +1 :)

Gigi- That's a good idea actually if he shows more signs of lost sleep I will suggest that and see what our vet says. I'm actually excited he slept quite well all night wasn't up and down restless last night and his swelling is sooo much better this morning though that will likely change as he moves and goes potty :( but for now it's much improved. His pain levels are better to he's able to lay down with a bit of discomfort not huge amounts of pain :)

we did have an accident in the house though I don't even think he realized he was peeing until he soaked himself and he's still on no bath orders so we get a fun rub down with a damn rag. Silly boy shook it all over the house to :rolleyes: then ran to a corner and cowered I felt so sad for him it wasn't really his fault :( Human Society doesn't open for another hour so we're still on a wait for that but I'll keep everyone posted thanks for all the thoughts and prayers it's definitely helping and I'm sure we'll get him through this :)

Glad to hear he's doing better! I had to clean Shad up a couple of times like that, too - poor guys! They feel so bad when they've messed themselves - first the indignity of having wet one's-self, and then feeling guilty for going in the house! Sounds like his housetraining at some point wasn't handled very well, since he was cowering... Hugs to him! smile.gif

Thanks Gigi no I don't think it was he hates people raising their voices he cowers or comes over with his head low ears down totally submissive what did I do please don't yell face. It's so sad he's such a sweet boy I can't imagine what he's gone through to make him like this. Even if your just laughing or talking loud he gets very uncomfortable so we've had to make sure we really pay attention of vocal levels. It's really heartbreaking :( I can't imagine Kiana being that scarred of us ever.